This is an exciting time at Cruse Bereavement Care. Our strategy ‘Bereaved People First’, is taking shape and the charity is under-going significant transformation. This role is essential for the delivery of the strategy and the well-being of bereaved people across the country.
Working within the Fundraising and Income Generation team, the Individual Giving and Legacies Manager will be responsible for shaping and building a communications programme, which will engage individuals and increase income via appeals and legacy marketing. Our aim is to support, as well as engage with individuals across the country. With bereavement at the front of people’s minds, this is an exciting opportunity to create something very special.
If you thrive on insight to create communications, enjoy being bold and doing things differently, then this is the role for you!
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please send a CV and short covering letter (no more than two pages).
Cruse welcomes and encourages applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.
Job Description and Person Specification
Individual Giving and Legacies Manager
Central Office, Richmond / Flexible working
Head of Fundraising and Income Generation
35 hours per week (12 months mat cover with potential to go perm at end of contact term)
£36,000 - £40,000
Purpose of the Post
This is an exciting time at Cruse Bereavement Care, with our new strategy ‘Bereaved People First’, well underway, the charity is undergoing significant transformation. This role is essential for the delivery of the strategy and the well-being of bereaved people, whatever the nature of their bereavement, across the country.
This role brings with it the unique opportunity to build an individual giving and legacy marketing and programme from the ground up. You will prioritise gaining insight into potential supporters, building propositions and test plans, developing creative and designing excellent supporter journeys – across a variety of channels.
Alongside this, you will work with the Head of Community and Events, to implement a donations programme, which highlights the importance of voluntary income to Cruse to the charity’s beneficiaries. This is as well as developing in-memory products, including a yearly event which will have mass appeal.
Your passion, drive and enthusiasm will be encouraged in this role, as we build an outstanding and sustainable individual giving and legacies programme, which improves the experience of all our audiences, as well as raising vital income.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Support the Head of Fundraising and Income Generation to deliver the Individual Giving strategy
- Work closely with the Fundraising Ops team, to gain an in-depth understanding of our supporters and their motivations
- Develop a series of propositions, to test with a variety of audiences across a wide range of channels
- Build a communications and appeals programme, which is tailored to a number of audiences
- Build excellent supporter stewardship programme, which is dictated by audience needs but may include special ways of saying thank you, newsletters or video content
- Develop an in-memory programme, making use of current relationships like MuchLoved and managing product roll-out, including a mass event for individuals
- Develop a legacy marketing programme, including proposition development, free will activity along with creating a culture where legacies are understood and promoted across Cruse.
- Explore and where appropriate develop a range of new offerings, which may include raffles, PAYG and trading amongst others
- Work closely with the Head of Community and Events to ensure engagement from across the Cruse network and local communities in new and current activity
- Support the Head of Community and Events to deliver a programme which encourages donations from clients and ex-clients
- Increase conversion rates for donations across all channels
- Ensure all contact information from individuals is accurately recorded in fundraising CRM, Beacon
- Co-ordinate and manage external relationships with suppliers to ensure that KPI’s are being met
- Provide regular and in-depth monitoring and evaluation for each activity, which includes recommendations
- Support on the development and delivery of a fundraising case for support and key messages
- Confidently represent the work of fundraising to all staff and volunteers at Cruse, as well as supporters and beneficiaries
- A minimum of 4+ years experience of working within Individual Giving
- Using data and insight to develop relevant audience propositions and strong and lasting relationships with supporters
- Successfully working to deliver strategies for income generation and legacies
- Proven track record of working towards and exceeding challenging income targets
- Creating, developing and reporting on excellent supporter journeys
- Experience of working both individually and within a team to drive and deliver multiple projects
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet objectives and tight deadlines
- Experience of preparing and presenting budgets and plans
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to build relationships with a variety of audiences
- Excellent written skills, including copywriting and proof-reading
- Ability to brief and act upon data analysis and insight projects
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines and re-prioritise workload
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong IT skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and CRM databases
Education and training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent job-related experience
- Flexible, hardworking and motivated
- Ambitious, innovative, target driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Willingness to be flexible and help in any task that furthers the aims of the charity
- Ability to function well in an environment where bereavement issues are constantly under discussion
- Commitment to Cruse Bereavement Care’s mission, visions and values
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity