For over 70 years, the NHS has been a world-leading public healthcare provider, and a trailblazing service which is 'free at the point of use'. The NHS employs close to two million people in the UK, across medical and nursing and back office, and treats one million people per day. This particular function has national hubs, provides an essential service, and produces a respected body of research.
The Senior Social Media Officer will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day output across a range of social media channels and accounts
- Develop audience focused content, which could be copy, graphics, or video.
- Identify case study and beneficiary-focused content
- Develop and maintain relationships with broader NHS social media teams
- Proactively identify new ways to interact with the audience
- Work with the team to improve linking and user journeys
- Maintain and support the community
- Work closely with suppliers and agencies
To be successful as the Senior Social Media Officer, you will have:
- The post holder will be experienced in managing social media channels on behalf of a large organisation preferably in a charity or not for profit setting.
- Strong copywriting capacity and great grammar.
- Ability to use the Adobe Creative Cloud, such as to create infographics and manipulate aspect ratios for different channels.
- Capacity to be the first port of call for the community, and understanding when and how to escalate any issues.
- The ability to react quickly to trends
- An understanding of data analysis tools and the ability to interpret and report to senior leadership teams.
The successful Senior Social Media Officer will secure a contract position for 6-12 months, based in London (but operating remotely for the foreseeable future.