A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and proactive AAT Apprentice to join the busy subsidiary finance team of Sightsavers, an international development charity with its head office in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, offices throughout Europe and UAE and programmes in low and middle income countries in Africa and Asia.
Weekly wage: £245.00
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with one hour for lunch, 35 hours per week.
Total hours per week: 35.00
Expected duration: 18 months + EPA
Possible start date: 09 Nov 2020
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A level)
Reference number: VAC001658586
About the role
The successful candidate will be a member of our growing subsidiaries finance team and will be required to work closely with the Subsidiary Finance Manager, Group Accounts team and Treasury team as well as other members of the organisation.
The candidate will support the team in the following areas:
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all financial records
- Preparing and delivering the subsidiary statutory reports and external audits within agreed timetables
- Assisting with the monthly close process of the subsidiary ledgers, preparing recurring monthly journals to deadline
- Performing reconciliations of the subsidiary ledgers
- Maintaining documentation to support the audit
- Preparing journals
- General maintenance of the subsidiary ledgers
- Monitoring and actioning service desk tickets
- Other ad hoc jobs as and when required
As well as gaining invaluable experience within a specific finance function, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to gain experience working for an international charity. When working at Sightsavers you’ll be helping to prevent blindness and create brighter futures for people living in poverty. Whilst many of us are currently working from home, we’re still working hard to make a difference. We believe in collaborative working and our use of the latest technology means that we stay connected and informed. We regularly enjoy lunchtime talks and learning sessions with colleagues from across the world. When we do return to the offices, you’ll find a supportive and inclusive work environment, social kitchen facilities with breakout rooms and quiet areas. We offer some great benefits including gym and wellbeing discounts, season ticket loans and much more. Find out all about us and our work by visiting our YouTube channel and Twitter. Sightsavers are Disability Confident Level 3 employers and we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CHICHESTER COLLEGE GROUP.
- Level 3 Diploma in Accountancy
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English (if required)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in mathematics (if required)
**Please note. Attendance will be required at Crawley College RH10 1NR as this is a blended learning programme consisting of day release every 4 weeks and online learning.
Learners will also work closely with their own trainer coach who will meet with them regularly to support and prepare for the End Point Assessment.
Apprenticeship standard Assistant accountant
Level 3 (A level)
Please visit the ‘Apply Here’ link for further detail about this role.
Closing Date: 23 October, 2020