The Fire Fighters Charity supports the psychological, physical and social needs of the members of the UK fire and rescue service community.
We recognise that no two people requesting our support do so for the same reason and tailor our service to achieve the best outcomes for each of our beneficiaries.
The Fire Fighters Charity works within a recovery model, our approach is person-centred and needs-led, support is focused on enabling and empowering our beneficiaries to live meaningful lives, despite any challenges that they may face.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Psychological Therapist to join our team at Harcombe House in Chudleigh, Devon which is easily commutable from Newton Abbot, Exeter and Torbay.
- Salary of £32,548 p/a
- Comprehensive benefits package
- A rewarding role helping the fire and rescue services community
This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking and innovative organisation which prides itself on maintaining high standards and achieving positive results.
You’ll be making a tangible difference to the lives of those who have already given so much as well as their friends and family. For many of the individuals we support, it is only through our services that they finally get the help they desperately require. As such, your role will be vital to the assessment of our beneficiaries and the first steps they take towards recovery.
So, if you are a suitably qualified and experienced psychology professional who is eager to use your skills to give back, we are waiting to hear from you.
As a Psychological Therapist, you will be tasked with providing exceptional short-term psychological support to fire and rescue service community members.
Working via face-to-face interventions, telephone and web-based interactions, you will form part of our incredible team working out of our centre in Devon, Harcombe House in Chudleigh.
You will provide group and 1:1 support to improve psychological health and wellbeing, telephone assessments to identify needs and holistic need assessments to inform decision making.
To be considered as a Psychological Therapist, you will need:
- A recognised qualification in psychology (clinical, counselling or health psychology), counselling or psychotherapy
- To be a registered member of an appropriate professional body (psychological, counselling or psychotherapy)
- Evidence of current continuing professional development appropriate to the role
- To be an integrative practitioner with experience of working within the mental health field
- Successful experience of utilising a range of evidence-based brief interventions to meet different needs, irrespective of individual therapeutic orientation
- Experience working in a multi-professional team delivering holistic interventions, alongside physical health and social welfare practitioners
- Experience of conducting telephone assessments and risk assessments
- Experience of delivering individual and group interventions aimed at improving psychological wellbeing
- The demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both verbally and in writing, together with sound judgment skills
- To be IT competent, able to use standard Microsoft packages and Customer Relationship Management / electronic recordkeeping systems
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your workload
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a multi-professional team
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencing your role.
Other organisations may call this role Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Counsellor, Therapist, Mental Health Worker, Psychotherapy Worker, CBT Therapist, or Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
This is a full-time role working an average of 37.5 hours per week across a four week rota.
The closing date for this role is the 8th November 2020.
The Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
To apply for the role of Psychological Therapist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Please note: during the current pandemic, we are making all reasonable provision to protect our employees and have implemented a number of initiatives to support this.
Our interview, new starter and employment practices all operate in accordance with the latest government guidelines regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.