Facilities Contract Manager
Hyde Park, London
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We’re now looking for a Facilities Contract Manager to join us and support effective facilities management across the Royal Parks.
- Salary of £35,762 - £43,000 per annum DOE
- Pension scheme
- 26 days' holiday per annum plus public holidays
- Beautiful offices in the Old Police House in Hyde Park
This is the ideal role for a facilities management professional with great contractor management experience to put their extensive skills and experience to the best use possible, supporting some of London’s best loved and most iconic spaces.
From incredible historic buildings, statues and memorials, to the pathways and public facilities across all 5,000 acres, you’ll be playing a vital role in making sure every aspect of our parkland is well maintained, fit for use and continues to be an asset to London and Londoners.
Our teams are passionate, dedicated and driven to deliver only the best resources and facilities, so if you think you would fit in with this amazing group of professionals and make an impact, this is the role for you.
As the Facilities Contract Manager, you will be tasked with leading the hard facilities management contract in both contractual and statutory compliance.
We outsource a wide range of hard services to a facilities management contractor based on-site in Hyde Park. They take on a diverse workload including office, residential and public buildings, facilities such as public toilets, catering outlets, pavilions and playgrounds, and features such as statues, lakes, rivers, railings, boundary walls and gates. Additionally, the contractor deals with infrastructure such as roads, bridges, footpaths, utilities, fences and street lighting.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Developing imaginative solutions to deliver competing and often conflicting demands with tight budgetary controls
- Ensuring the Grade 1 and Grade 2 listed status of assets is taken into consideration
- Ensuring affordability and best value
- Working as part of a small team
- Visiting each of our eight parks on a regular basis and becoming familiar with our assets
- Continually striving to provide best level of services
To be considered as the Facilities Contract Manager, you will need:
- A relevant professional qualification such as IWFM, RICS or CIOB
- CAFM and PPM planning and forward maintenance experience
- Strong experience of effectively managing contractors, monitoring and reviewing them to a broad range of agreed standards and keeping accurate records
- Management experience of developing, implementing, and maintaining systems and service standards
- Experience of statutory compliance management
- Contract and supply chain management experience, including service level agreements and performance management
- A solid technical understanding or areas such as building services, electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Financial and cost management experience
Other organisations may call this role Facilities Manager, Contract Manager, Contracts Manager, Contractual Compliance Manager, FM Manager, Facilities Operations Manager, Multi-Site Facilities Manager, FM Contract Manager, or FM Contracts Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 29th October 2020.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next exciting position as the Facilities Contract Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.