I am currently looking for an experienced Housing Support Officer for an amazing housing charity based in South London. You will be a self-starter and efficient problem solver to excel in this exciting role. The job is located in Greenwich & Peckham, South London.
• Supporting clients to access housing and other community services.
• Helping clients to understand benefits available to them.
• Ensuring clients live in a safe and secure environment.
• Carrying out health and safety assessments.
• Completing risk assessments with clients.
• Updating property records at regular intervals including utilities, fire and security. with input from colleagues and third-party suppliers.
• Handling the cash from weekly laundry machine collections from each of the 4 buildings.
• Maintaining, in the IT shared area, an audit trail of all activities relating to the job.
• Reporting to the Development Manager any legal or social issues which arise relating to clients.
• Undertake any other relevant duties as required or requested by your line manager.
• Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills.
• Ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader.
• IT skills at a strong level enabling use of associated applications in the IT shared area.
• Maintaining CRM; Sales force preferable.
• Experience in tenancy support and sustainment.
• Experience of working with LHA supported tenants.
• Knowledge of current LHA working practices.
• Knowledge of HB & Universal Credit
Closing date: 9 AM, 28th October 2020