Job Title: Head of Procurement and Compliance
Hours of work: Permanent, full-time
Location: Flexible but regular meetings in London
Imperial War Museums are one of the world’s leading authorities on conflict and its impact on people’s lives – from 1914 through to the present day and beyond. Our collections are filled with personal stories and experiences, inspiring powerful and often conflicting emotions. We aim to share these stories with as many audiences as possible across the world in a way that engages and challenges them, increasing understanding of why we go to war and the effect that conflict has on people’s lives.
We are working in partnership with IWM to appoint their new Head of Procurement and Compliance. The post holder will develop, instil, and oversee standards, provide advice, support the procurement systems, monitor performance against standards and where necessary take action to ensure the standards are met.
The post holder will be highly experienced in this field and is expected to operate as IWM’s expert across the organisation, with regard to procurement legislation in the UK and be expected to be informed and knowledgeable about latest practices in financial accounting standards and reporting formats. Some legal understanding of contractual engagement is also expected.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification to MCIPS Diploma level (or equivalent)
- Broad experience and understanding of best practice in procurement and contract negotiations
- Proven experience in the delivery of major procurement projects and a strong practical understanding of public procurement procedures
- Experience of project management
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- The ability to build relationships and communicate across the business at all levels and with external stakeholders
You will need to be innovative and proactive, ensuring that the level of procurement is to the highest standards of compliance and is undertaken with integrity and in an ethical manner, in accordance with IWM’s core values.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Adam Stacey, Associate Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, email@example.com quoting our reference JO2782.
Closing date for applications: 10 November 2020
Interview dates: 1 December 2020 and 9 December 2020