Senior Finance Officer
Salary: £29,500 per annum
Deadline: 28/10/2020 23:59
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday, buy and sell annual leave programme, Perkbox, health cash plan and more
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Senior Finance Officer to oversee and work within the transactional team.
Our team is small, but very supportive and friendly, and we work together to help deliver the vital support provided by Housing for Women. You will be working in a flexible working environment and enjoy the autonomy to make your mark and improve the performance of the transactions team.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the transactions team including monitoring the progress of processing transactions
- Responding to queries raised by suppliers and housing officers
- Identifying and resolving problems with transactions
- Streamlining processes to reduce the effort required to process transactions
- Helping to process rent, cash book, sales, treasury and purchase ledger transactions
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Good interpersonal skills
- To be proactive at problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge (double entry)
- GCSEs in Maths and English at grade B or above (or equivalent)
- Good IT skills
- Experience of processing finance transactions
- Experience of completing reconciliations
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of running a payroll system
- Experience within an accounts team
Candidates interested in applying should submit a cover letter outlining how they meet the essential criteria specified in the job ad as well as how they think they meet Housing for Women’s EPIC values.
Housing for Women supports women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 85 years, providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
To apply for the role of Senior Finance Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Lead Finance Officer, Senior Finance Clerk, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Officer, Bookkeeper, Accounting Clerk, or Finance Officer.