Job title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 p.a. (plus £2,000 relocation package)
Location: Based in West Wales – Cardigan, Ceredigion, SA43 1DW
An inspirational youth charity, based in Cardigan (West Wales), is seeking a new CEO. The charity runs a Drop-in Centre providing information, support and training to young people aged 16-25 and counselling services to those aged 10-30. Founded as a community needs-led project in 1996 we have been at the centre of the Third Sector in West Wales for more than 20 years. The charity provides a safe, fun, informative and inspiring environment for young people to access support; empowering young people to express themselves by engaging with the issues that affect them directly.
Now in 2020, the charity has been awarded a grant by the National Lottery Community Fund which largely covers the running costs of the Centre for the next five years. This means that we have a tremendous opportunity to extend our services in new directions.
To coincide with the retirement of the present incumbent, the charity is looking for a new CEO to maintain our existing services to the high level we have achieved but also to develop new activities and services for our existing and new client groups.
- Co-ordinating the smooth running of the charity and the Drop-In Centre, supporting the whole staff team and liaising with and reporting to the Trustees
- Enhancing and developing the charity’s offer to young people – including things such as information, support, training and counselling services.
- Defining and delivering a roadmap, fostering innovation and change, to deliver strategic goals.
- Maintaining existing and developing new funding streams
As well as a demonstrable and genuine interest in the work of the charity, the successful candidate will have experience of:
- CEO or senior management team level experience with wide-ranging responsibility at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity
- Developing and implementing wide-reaching strategic plans, translating vision to reality
- Considerable experience of managing robust operational and financial performance
- Oversight of budgets of comparable scale and complexity
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to growth, combined with proven experience in leading effective income generation strategies.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, or for an informal conversation, please contact Nick Shanks at email@example.com with your number and suitable times to speak.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th November
If you'd like a copy of this advertisement in Welsh please contact firstname.lastname@example.org