Job Title: Chief Executive
Salary: Circa £55k pro rata
Hours of work: 3-days a week / part-time
Location: Home based
We are working in partnership with Citizens Online, a charity passionate about digital inclusion that helps organisations ensure the switch to online doesn't exclude people. Since 1999, the charity has developed a wealth of experience in digital and social inclusion, digital skills, leadership and transformation.
The Board is seeking to appoint an experienced Chief Executive who will provide leadership through an exciting period of organisational change and bring ‘fresh eyes’ to the vision of the charity. The principal focus of the new Chief Executive will be outwards, developing innovative approaches to digital inclusion and securing new business that enables the charity to expand, whilst ensuring good financial control.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Drive and energy to seek out innovative new opportunities for growth
- Successful experience in fundraising and developing a robust fundraising strategy
- A proven track record of senior leadership within a charity or relevant social sector organisation
- Experience of strategy development and delivery
- A good understanding of financial modelling, systems and management
- An ability to work well both with the highly-motivated staff and with the Trustees
- Excellent written and verbal communications at all levels and forms, both internally and externally
- Strong business analytical skills, commercial acumen, and an ability to respond to a changing political landscape
- Knowledge of financial controls, operating budgets, management accounts and human resources
As an experienced leader you will be highly motivated, innovative and creative. You will be able to inspire and persuade others. The ideal candidate will be resilient, forward thinking and have a visionary approach. It is important that you are passionate about the cause, the ethos and mission of the organisation.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director and Adam Stacey, Associate Director at Charisma Charity Recruitment, email@example.com quoting our reference JO2783.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25 October
Interview date: w/c 9 November 2020