Fixed term contract to March 2021
Part time – hours and working pattern to be negotiated
Responsible to: Programme Manager / CEO – which do you want?
Employment status: Open to negotiation including employed / secondee.
If this role sounds of interest, you will have a strong track record in delivering multi-channel external communication and marketing projects within the charitable sector and an excellent knowledge of best practice in managing and developing external communications and engagement strategy and activities.
You will have superb stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to provide communications advice to senior leaders.
You may have experience of the following: Head of Communications, Content Marketing Manager, Not for Profit Campaign Manager, Charity Marketing, Media Relations Consultant, Corporate Communications, PR Manager, Not for Profit, Third Sector, Charity etc.
If you have this experience and expertise, and a belief that we can make a real and lasting change then we’d love to hear from you.
To develop an integrated communication and marketing strategy to help us grow and develop our small but ambitious not for profit organisation.
To promote awareness of social and wider determinants of health inequality issues by bringing local people’s experiences into wider public discussions about future service provision at local and national levels.
We are an independent charity that helps people to use their voices effectively to shape and improve local services and make sure they get the best from them.
We help organisations who deliver services to make sure they are making a positive difference to the health, wellbeing, and development of communities.
We specialise in health and care, and work with the NHS (hospitals, GPs, CCGs), Local Authorities, charities, patients, the community voluntary sector and commercial providers of healthcare.
We recognise health and wellbeing is influenced by a wide range of social and other factors, both at the individual and the policy/strategic level. We therefore also work with housing associations, educational bodies, social care providers and other organisations to help them understand the way in which their activities affect and are affected by the physical, mental and social health of their communities/populations, and how they can respond effectively.
• Work with the organisation’s senior team to plan, develop and implement a communication and marketing strategy which will feed into the re-imagining of our organisational brand and workstreams.
• Identify opportunities to amplify local people’s experiences within wider public discussions about future service provision at local and national levels
• Promote the organisation’s activities and reports to inform and influence the setting of and delivery of local provision to reduce health inequalities.
• Contribute to the development of stakeholder engagement.
• Support the organisation to contribute to the patient and public involvement in development and design of our organisation’s strategies and projects.
Success looks like:
We can demonstrate that we effectively contribute to the insight used by statutory agencies, decision-makers and commissioners when deciding strategy, design, development and improvement of services locally.
Our organisational growth and branding reflects, and supports our vision that local people actively shape community services
• Significant experience of developing and leading effective communication and marketing strategies in a senior role.
• An ability to develop longer term strategic plans while being responsive to risks and opportunities.
• Knowledge of the political, health and social care landscape and a commitment to addressing the impact of the social determinants of health inequality – locally and nationally.
• Experience of designing, leading and executing successful public facing campaigns, on and offline, which recruit and retain supporters.
• Experience of working in a fast-moving environment, with an ability to handle numerous projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
• Able to assimilate complex information quickly and can communicate (written and verbal) complex positions concisely.
• Good understanding of digital marketing techniques SEO, PPC, social, email marketing, Google Analytics and web management
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and knowledge of the Adobe suite including Photoshop and InDesign
• Experience managing journalists, building relationships and managing press responses
• Experience in collating, analysing and making informed decisions using analytics (including social media)
• Exceptional written communication skills, an eye for design and the ability to produce high-quality content for a range of audiences and channels
• Ability to quickly build effective working relationships and good rapport, with people from all walks of life.
• Naturally organised, experienced of and confident in working on your own.
• Entitled to work in the UK
• Understand GDPR and confidentiality and will always comply with our GDPR and Confidentiality policy.
• A satisfactory DBS check.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. The post holder will also be expected to carry out other activities that may reasonably be requested. It will be reviewed periodically to consider changes and developments in service requirement.