Director of Fundraising and Marketing
Location: Curdridge, Hampshire (working from home for the time being)
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Do you want to create a wilder Hampshire and Isle of Wight?
Our client is one of 46 trusts working across the UK. With the invaluable support of volunteers and members they manage over 50 nature reserves. They also work with other organisations and landowners to protect and connect wildlife sites across the county and inspire local communities and young people to care for wildlife where they live.
Wildlife is in freefall both locally and nationally and, in order to get nature on the road to recovery, everyone needs to take action!
Our client is looking for an innovative, experienced and capable Director of Fundraising and Marketing with a genuine passion for wildlife to lead the team and help drive forward an ambitious Wilder 2030 Strategy.
Your focus will be on tactical planning and delivery to meet strategic goals whilst leading and developing your team and working collaboratively across the organisation and with key partners.
The role heads up the Fundraising and Marketing team which leads on all forms of charitable fundraising, with a particular focus on developing membership and individual giving, growing legacy gifts, developing grant bids, and developing key relationships with major donors and corporate partnerships to support the Trust's work financially.
Additionally, the team leads marketing, communications and supporter engagement, ensuring the Trust’s reputation is maintained and that we raise awareness of, and build support for, the mission and aims for wildlife.
They are looking for someone with the following skills and experience;
- A proven track record of success in a similar role and the skills and experience to deliver real impact.
- Experience of all aspects of charitable fundraising and income generation.
- Senior level marketing and communications experience.
- Sound financial and budget management skills.
- Knowledge of major donor fundraising and development, legacy fundraising, supporter acquisition, membership development.
- Charity sector legislation and fundraising regulations.
- Knowledge of the environmental sector, its structure and key players.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in a rewarding job in one of the most beautiful areas of the country.
If you are an excellent communicator, innovative fundraiser, inspiring team leader and skilled relationship builder, we would love to hear from you!