Head of Operations & Compliance
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
Gloucester Charities Trust (GCT) is an award-winning provider of care and support to older people in Gloucester through a range of housing, residential, day and community-based services.
A new and influential post has been created in GCT to provide operational leadership and specific responsibility for regulatory and statutory compliance with our various regulatory bodies. In addition to this, the Head of Operations & Compliance will deputise for the CEO in her absence. You will have line management responsibilities for designated Service Managers in the Senior Management Team.
We are seeking someone to spearhead the continuous improvement of the Trust’s services, to further shape and develop efficient and effective operations, compliance, and quality systems across the trust. To be successful in applying for the role you will:
- Possess sound commercial acumen
- Demonstrate leadership and be a strong decision maker
- Have exceptional management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Be creative, proactive and a forward thinker
- Be qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Be an experienced people manager
Our ideal applicant will have several years’ experience working in a senior managerial capacity in either the charitable sector, social housing or in a CQC registered health and social care service. Knowledge of Health and Safety compliance is essential as is the willingness to undertake any professional development needed to excel in the role.
You will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills as well as inclusive leadership and the ability to inspire and motivate others to perform the best they can.
This is a full-time post based in our Head Office which will involve regularly visits to the operational sites. In addition, it will involve working some evenings and weekends as necessitated by the workload and the CEO.
Benefits of working for GCT
We are an employer that takes the wellbeing of our staff very seriously & pride ourselves on providing a supportive working environment for members of our team.
We also offer a great range of benefits which include:
- Full training programme & development opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme – NEST
- Birthday bonus
- Perkbox and save as you earn scheme
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Long service awards
- Staff Wellbeing initiatives
- Head of Operations & Compliance – 35 hours per week
- Annual Leave – 33 days per year including Bank Holidays
- Salary - £50,000 - £55,000 depending on depth and breadth of experience
Expressions of Interest:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of the application process will be sent out via return email.
Head Office is located at:
Century House, 100 London Road, Gloucester. GL1 2PL.
The Trust website address is: