Tenancy Sustainment Team Leader
Based in Wandsworth, Sutton, Richmond or Kingston (office/field based, full time, fixed term)
We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South and West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future.
For 30 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and break down the barriers that they face.
We recognise that homelessness is much more than just a housing issue, so we provide a range of accommodation and support services to help people reach their full potential.
We’re now looking for Tenancy Sustainment Team Leaders to join our teams in Wandsworth, Sutton, Richmond and Kingston for a fixed-term contract until March 2021 depending on funding, with a view to extend.
- Pro-rated salary of £28,000-£30,000
- 26 days’ holiday pro rata
- Pension scheme
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of benefits including cycle to work scheme and staff wellbeing sessions
This is the ideal role for a homeless or rough sleeper support professional with a great leadership style and the passion to combat homelessness to advance their career and take on a new contract with our amazing charity.
Within a culture of communication and support, you will discover a group of incredible people who all work together to change lives for the better and provide safe, secure accommodation for those who need it.
What’s more, we are committed to developing the skills and abilities for all of our teams and so you can expect to be provided with the tools you need, as well as the support to use them.
As the Tenancy Sustainment Team Leader, you will be tasked with co-ordinating comprehensive services to former homeless people living in our accommodation to ensure that they are supported.
We are looking for four Tenancy Sustainment Team Leaders to join us, working in one of the following boroughs: Wandsworth, Sutton, Richmond or Kingston.
Specifically, in co-ordination with our Outreach Team and other services, you will:
- Be responsible for effective tenancy support, resettlement, accommodation and move-on services
- Develop a range of accommodation options and accessible services
- Ensure there is an effective and capable staff team with robust line management for Tenancy Support Workers
- Provide advice, support, motivation and crisis intervention for service users that is appropriate to their needs
- Contribute to the running of our integrated services for single homeless people and the delivery of our organisational strategy
To be considered as the Tenancy Sustainment Team Leader, you will need:
- Relevant experience, either paid or voluntary, of working with homeless people or rough sleepers and an understanding of the causes of, and pathways out of, homelessness
- Experience of assessment and support systems for vulnerable people, including key working
- Experience of line managing staff, volunteers or trainees
- A basic knowledge of appropriate legislation, including welfare benefits and housing law
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements in the workplace
- Solid IT skills and the ability to effectively use a data management system
- An understanding of confidentiality needs within the organisation and the ability to apply them
- The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour
- The ability to manage your time in a busy and pressurised environment
- The ability to motivate and inspire staff and volunteers
- The ability to manage and develop administrative systems, including accessible filing systems
Other organisations may call this role Lead Support Worker, Lead Tenancy Support Worker, Outreach Team Lead, Homelessness Support Team Leader, Support Worker Team Leader, or Rough Sleeper Support Lead.
At SPEAR, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Tenancy Sustainment Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.