Principal Policy Officer Woodlands and Forestry
Reference number: A0530820
Salary: Starting at £34,643 to £38,632 per annum
Hours: Full time
This is an outstanding opportunity to ensure the UK's woodlands and forests help tackle the nature and climate crises. You will lead the development and high-level advocacy of this organisation's policy on forestry and woodland issues and influence important debates and decisions across the UK.
They are looking for a highly experienced policy advocate who understands and can influence the policies that drive both commercial forestry and the decisions by landowners to plant trees and manage woodlands of all kinds. You will provide thought leadership, already be well respected in this field and your advocacy, communication and campaigning skills will be second to none.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Developing credible policy positions based on sound science and evidence
• Developing advocacy strategies that will achieve results
• Undertaking high level advocacy and communicating persuasively
• Coalition campaigning and communications
• Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at senior level
• Helping to plan and coordinate work across different teams and disciplines to ensure we influence policy decisions across the UK
If this sounds like the job for you then they'd love to hear from you.
Closing date: 11 October 2020
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.