Facilities Officer (Part Time, Fixed Term)
We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South and West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future.
For 30 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and break down the barriers that they face.
We recognise that homelessness is much more than just a housing issue, so we provide a range of accommodation and support services to help people reach their full potential.
We’re now looking for a Facilities Officer to join us on a part-time basis for a contract until March 2021 dependent on funding with the local authority, with a view to extend further.
- Pro-rated salary of £11,500 - £12,500 per annum (FTE £23,000 - £25,000)
- 26 days’ holiday pro rata
- Pension scheme
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of benefits including cycle to work scheme and staff wellbeing sessions
This is a superb opportunity for an individual with drive, focus and a decent grasp of health and safety legislation to take on an engaging contract with our outstanding charity and help us to combat homelessness.
Your work will be vital to maintaining suitable, safe environments for former homeless people to take up residence and get their lives back on track.
You’ll discover a passionate, supportive environment where the entire team are working toward the same goals and are dedicated to making positive change and producing great results.
As the Facilities Officer, you will be tasked with supporting our accommodation-based schemes in Sutton that provide housing for former homeless people. Specifically, you will ensure that an effective property and facilities management process is in place to support our service users and responses are co-ordinated and rapid.
Your role will incorporate a number of areas including health and safety, property management, facilities management and various organisational responsibilities.
- Ensure health and safety compliance through inspections and reporting
- Oversee the security, maintenance and servicing of buildings and report any issues
- Deal with contractors and work to reduce void timescales
- Manage building maintenance, order supplies and monitor waste disposal and recycling
To be considered as a Facilities Officer, you will need:
- Basic knowledge of appropriate health and safety legislation, including fire safety
- The ability to produce and write reports to a high standard
- IT skills, including competence with word processing, spreadsheets, database and email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour
- An organised approach and the ability to work on your own initiative, within a fast-paced environment
- The ability to deal with complaints effectively
- Effective time and workload management skills
Housing management experience would be beneficial to your application. A relevant Health and Safety qualification would also be an advantage, as would the ability to negotiate with key stakeholders.
Other organisations may call this role Property Officer, Buildings and Maintenance Officer, Supported Housing Officer, Health & Safety Officer, Buildings and Facilities Officer, or Maintenance Officer.
This is a part-time role, working 18.5 hours per week.
At SPEAR, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Facilities Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.