This role will coordinate the development, piloting and evaluation of the Ruth Strauss Foundation Training Programme. If the pilot is successful, this role may evolve to deliver the roll-out of the Ruth Strauss Foundation Training Programme in Health Care and Education. The primary objective of the Programme will be to give Health Care professionals (and teachers) the skills and knowledge that will help them to support parents with their children through grief.
This is a new role to really make a difference in this area and champion best practice when it comes to supporting people through grief.
- Scope out the resources and support currently available to families when a parent has cancer that cannot be cured and incurable illnesses more generally.
- Project manage the co-creation process that will inform and shape the programme, including recruiting and working with appropriate providers to deliver the healthcare professionals pilot.
- Evaluate the success and impact of the programme to determine the feasibility of rolling this programme our further.
- CEO of the Ruth Strauss Foundation
- Executive Team of the Ruth Strauss Foundation
- Members of the RSF Family Support Advisory Group
- Board of the Ruth Strauss Foundation
- External partners and supporters
Role Profile and Key Result Areas
- Background scoping of the resources currently available that support families when a parent has cancer that cannot be cured, and incurable illnesses more generally. This includes support to children as well as to parents.
- Lead the co-creation process that will inform the objectives, design and content of the Ruth Strauss Foundation Training Programme, including the method of delivery for health care professionals (e.g. experiential, practical)
- Develop the Ruth Strauss Foundation Training Programme which includes digital assets to support/or deliver the learning
- Design a roadmap for implementation and be responsible for the project plan keeping to ‘time and task’
- Work with RSF CEO to agree Project KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and targets
- Lead on the Training Programme budget scoping and be responsible for budget management
- Lead and project manage the pilot of the Training Programme
- Develop evaluation tools and measure impact of Training Programme on families and professionals
- Identify and recruit suppliers / partners /platforms required to support the Training Programme, agree scope of work and manage these relationships and ensure that any provider work to the values and Spirit of the Foundation
- Support the RSF Head of Marcomms and Digital to design the look and feel of the Training Programme, including associated materials and launch plan
- Written report and presentations of process and impact of project including feedback on the programmes, case study examples, costs and other agreed evaluation measures
What we are looking for:
In addition to someone who can embody the spirit of the RSF, you should also have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to masters level or service improvement field or equivalent level of experience working at a senior level in a clinical area.
- Brilliant project management skills: previous experience of delivering complex projects including managing stakeholders; prioritizing work, budget management and success measures
- Understanding of the impact of cancer on patients and their family, and knowledge of the elements of NHS agenda in relation to cancer services
- Experience of developing and delivering communication skills training programmes, including an understanding of learning styles, ways to engage and evaluation
- Demonstrable achievements in improving services for patients as part of a service improvement project/programme
- Experience of building effective and productive relationships with a wide range of people at all levels and in all settings
- Ability to design and evaluate quantitative and qualitative measures of success
- Able to deal with highly sensitive and sometime difficult interactions, with individuals who may hold differing views, and supporting delivery of difficult messages where required
- Diplomatic and tactful. Confidence to be assertive when required
- Experience of working autonomously and as a self-starter