A policy driven organisation who work internationally based in Oxford are looking for a Head of HR. The successful candidate will develop and manage a global HR function and develop global people practices within the organisation to drive the required transformation to teams that are integrated, high performing, and working from a common culture.
In addition, the Head of HR will support the development of a people strategy to recruit, retain, and develop talent and the development of an employee orientated, high performance culture that emphasises excellence and collaboration.
The Head of HR will lead and manage the entire employee life cycle and the development of people related systems, processes, and metrics. Lastly, the candidate will need to ensure full compliance with employment legislation across all organisation’s country offices and that best practice is adhered to across all people practices.
- Develop, lead, and manage the global HR management team covering all aspects of HR and the full employee life cycle.
- Support the development of an employee orientated, high performance culture that emphasises excellence and collaboration.
- Support the development of a global performance management process and framework to drive a high-performance culture.
- Lead the team to provide tools and guidelines to support and implement HR policies and procedures, terms of reference, and contractual employment documentation, and maintain a high-quality central HR Information system.
- Continually develop professional knowledge and external networks to stay abreast of best practice developments and thinking in the HR and organisational development (OD) field.
- Address any performance issues early through effective coaching and support.
- Evaluate needs and create training and development interventions and approaches that support and upskill line managers to coach, develop, and manage their teams to deliver effectively and be fully compliant and engaged in the business
- CIPD qualified or equivalent, ideally MCIPD equivalent or above
- Significant senior HR experience, used to working at a strategic level and with senior stakeholders across UK and international, commercial environments
- Track record in developing a strong internal team that is fit for purpose and can deliver high quality HR services to the organisation and meets our client needs
- Experience in international development is desirable and experience in low and middle income countries is essential
- Experience of organisational change programmes and organisational development
- Proven experience of improving upon organisational D&I outcomes
- Deep and broad knowledge and understanding of UK and international employment law relevant to locations
- Track record of developing and delivering solutions across a full range of HR disciplines and managing a multi-specialist team: organisation design and development, resourcing and talent planning, learning and development, performance and reward, employee engagement, employee relations, and service delivery including global mobility
- Experience of formulating and implementing HR strategies and plans in line with business needs and locations
- Experience of coaching and mentoring senior colleagues
- Knowledge of sourcing global suppliers and vendors for relevant employment services desirable
- Good awareness of process improvement and systems to drive improved service delivery
- Visa and compliance (i.e. safeguarding) experience advantageous
- Experience of establishing new entities and/or M&A experience also desirable
Closing date: 9 AM,14th October 2020
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity and receive a candidate information pack, please contact:
Shweta Prabhakar: Shweta.firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7820 7320