Jangala is looking for a creative and proven fundraiser able to develop and begin implementing a fundraising strategy that secures our ability to deliver internet access at scale to those in need.
About Jangala Jangala is a small and rapidly growing charity whose mission is to provide internet access for vulnerable people and for important humanitarian and development work globally.
Internationally we have provided Wi-Fi for over 40 projects, connecting more than 25,000 people via schools and healthcare clinics in under-resourced areas, through grassroots organisations in refugee camps and through international NGOs.
In the UK, we are working to enable access for the most vulnerable who are often the most impacted by the Covid-19 lockdown. Early this year, we began new projects to provide connectivity to UK school children without broadband so they can continue their studies from home, to vulnerable individuals to access online services around mental health, to asylum-seekers to continue with their claims and more.
In a future marked by Covid-19 lockdowns and the increasing impacts of climate change, access to connectivity will become ever more important.
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious and proven fundraiser to develop and implement a fundraising strategy that secures our ability to deliver internet access at scale to those in need.
The successful candidate will need to:
- rapidly develop an understanding of Jangala, its goals, and the scale of the global problem to develop a fundraising strategy that is well-evidenced, creative and ambitious
- set figures for growth and be responsible for reaching those figures
- ensure that we are at the forefront of the latest thinking and action in fundraising
- be accountable to the senior management team
- Create and implement fundraising strategy for Jangala, ensuring significant and sustained income growth, through a combination of unrestricted funds and project-based funds
- Lead a broad range of fundraising activities, including making grant applications, approaching major donors and crowdfunding
- Work closely with Head of Partnerships to generate income inline with Jangala’s strategic objectives to connect vulnerable groups in the UK and overseas
- Work closely with the Head of Finance to establish fundraising and income-generation goals
- 3+ years of experience, including demonstrable professional fundraising in the charity sector
- Excellent track record of achievement in setting and meeting ambitious income targets
- Strategic, innovative and results-driven professional with a track record of success
- Experience across diverse fields of fundraising including individual, major, corporate and foundation funding
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial approach in line with Jangala’s ambitions
- Confident and inspiring communicator with the ability to quickly develop a strong portfolio of contacts
- Knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian and development sectors Experience of using social media and digital communication tools for fundraising purposes
- A desire to contribute to a small start-up with huge potential
Please complete the form below along with an updated CV and covering letter to apply for this exciting new position.