Would you like to help build cross-sector partnerships to improve health and generate economic growth?
As Commercial Manager you will join our programmes business function with a focus on building partnerships between the NHS and commercial sector to accelerate the adoption and spread of solutions that improve the health and economy of our region.
You will manage our Innovation Exchange, working in collaboration with our wider team to provide advice on commercialisation, market access and real world validation.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion to improve health and generate economic growth through the adoption and spread of innovation from the commercial sector.
Purpose of the role
The Commercial Manager is at the heart of our work to spread innovative practice. From increasing the uptake of new diagnostic tools to helping to implement the latest innovations in digital health, you will help make sure our work translates into improved health and care for the people in our region.
Reporting to one of our programme directors, you will work across our commissioned programmes to identify opportunities to build partnerships with the
commercial sector. You will be responsible for managing our Innovation Exchange - supporting and building partnerships with commercial organisations to develop, test and spread solutions relevant to the health and care needs of our population.
• Identify, build and manage a pipeline of commercial sector innovations with the potential to help respond to the challenges in our regional health and care system.
• Support commercial sector organisations to develop solutions to unmet needs by providing advice on commercialisation, market access and real world validation.
• Build partnerships between the NHS and commercial sector to accelerate the adoption and spread of relevant, validated solutions.
• Work with national and regional agencies to improve, support and strengthen the regional health and life science sector.
• Establish strong internal relationships that draw on expertise from across the organisation to understand the needs of our regional health system and build cross-sector partnerships.
• Work with our communications and engagement function to engage partners in our Innovation Exchange, communicate the impact of our work and raise our profile at a regional and national level.
• Work with our evaluation and learning function to build robust plans for how we will understand the impact of our support for commercial sector organisations.
• Work with our partnerships function to identify and develop new partnership opportunities to grow our work with the commercial sector.
• Build strong relationships with other AHSNs and contribute to the success of the national AHSN Network.
Experience we are looking for
• Working in or with the health and life sciences sectors – from a customer, supplier or intermediary perspective.
• A good working knowledge of the health and care system, NHS commissioning and procurement.
• Experience managing a pipeline of projects – assessing ideas for relevance and validity to identify high-value opportunities.
• A track record of influencing stakeholders to change their perspectives.
• Experience leading the delivery of projects and programmes.
We are working hard to ensure we recruit great people and minimise unconscious bias in our selection process. To support us to do so we use the Applied recruitment platform, which anonymises applicants.
To apply for the role, please click 'Apply Now'.
In addition you will need to email an up-to-date CV
Closing date for applications is 9am on the 5th October 2020.
The interview process will be a two-stage process. Initial interviews for short-listed individuals will be held week commencing 12th October. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date to be invited to an interview conducted via video conferencing. Part of the interview process will require candidates to prepare a short presentation task.