Programme Finance Officer, Central London – Charity, up to £38,000 plus benefits
After a busy period, a new programme finance officer role has become available in a charity based in Central London. The selected candidate will report directly to the programme finance manager and assist in financial planning, grant management and reporting.
- Support the design and implementation of effective quality controls to ensure compliance with donor requirements and to maintain appropriate donor stewardship, including through manuals, checklists, templates, and other tools
- Monitor spending and activity implementation and ensure regular scheduling of grants management meetings, alerting the Programme Finance Manager and Programmes/Partnerships team about significant under or overspend on a timely basis
- Maintain internal tools that track active grants, cost recoveries and cash balances and ensure they are kept up-to-date
- Maintain internal tools tracking pipeline and secured funding
- Prepare financial information for internal reporting purposes, including (but not limited to) the quarterly CEO report, monthly dashboard and quarterly cash balances report.
- Maintain the grants management tracker so that grants are properly recorded and monitored, ensuring that input from the Programmes/Partnerships team and the Programme Finance Manager are incorporated on a timely basis
- Undertake administrative tasks related to grants, including setting up of grant codes (pipeline and secured), collecting and forwarding information to different units and executing follow up tasks as required
- Review budgets for concepts/proposals
- Carry out monitoring visits and audits on specific projects as necessary
- Develop and deliver relevant training and reference material on grants management, including procurement, donor regulations, IATI, finance and reporting for Programme, Finance, and other field-based staff; act as a resource for agencies/field units on donor regulations and compliance
- In collaboration with field units, prepare due diligence assessments for potential new partners or donors and ensure these are refreshed periodically
- Troubleshoot financial, donor compliance and procurement-related queries identified through monitoring grants or as raised by management or field units
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Part Qualified/Newly Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- 3 years relevant experience in financial accounting and financial reporting
- Experience in programme finance/donor reporting is essential, whether as an auditor or as part of a charity
- Experience of designing and managing effective administrative systems and procedures
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting and cash-flow management
- Good interpersonal skills with a range of stakeholders
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.