Head of Programmes and Partnerships
Our client is the largest wildlife conservation organisation in Europe, they are looking for a strong leader to establish and grow the movement for nature and climate.
With over one million members, they speak out for birds and wildlife, tackling the problems that threaten our environment.
Position: Head of Movement Building (internal title)
Location: Head office is Sandy, Bedfordshire, however the location can be entirely flexible as homeworking is available.
Salary: £48,848 - £54,321 per annum
Hours: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Flexible working, 26 Days Annual Leave, Free access to our reserves, up to 20% discount off retail items in our shops. Free access to a confidential Employee Assistance programme that provides support and advice around financial, physical and mental health wellbeing. A substantial Learning and Development offer.
Closing date: 11 October 2020
Interview date: 21 October 2020
About the role:
As Head of Programmes and Partnerships you will provide strategic leadership and contribute to the development and implementation of the charity’s programmes, by leading a specialist department and providing professional support to operational teams.
To tackle the nature and climate emergency more people need to feel enabled and empowered to act for nature. The charity needs to connect, empower and mobilise more people to save nature and support this movement to shape social, political and economic change. They need to put people at the heart of the mission to save nature, and that is what their ‘Saving Nature Through People’ strategy is all about. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in leading and implementing this strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the charity’s strategy at a programme level by providing country/operational context and functional expertise and analysis
- Motivate and engage teams and external audiences
- Provide cross organisational leadership of change, programmes, projects and teams to deliver outcomes as required
- Develop high level, strategic and collaborative external and internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop, monitor and manage programme and function budgets
- Identify and manage potential or current financial, operational, legal, reputational and health and safety risks across function
- Prepare papers and reports for the charity’s governance including Council Committees, and contribute to the development of business metrics
- Act as an advocate with both internal and external audiences
As Head of Programmes and Partnerships you will be an effective, charismatic leader who can support and nurture the leadership of others and set up the Movement Building department to succeed. The successful candidate will passionately believe in enabling and empowering others and understand movements for change.
You will have experience of activating programmes and partnerships and navigating complex organisations to make things happen. You will have strong change leadership skills, and the ability to build networks and relationships across the movement.
With a portfolio of Campaigning, Community Empowerment and Education, Families and Youth teams, this is an exciting opportunity for you to help play a crucial role in facilitating many more people to save nature. If you have the energy, passion and leadership skills to do this we would love to hear from you.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Head of Movement Building, Head of Charity Development, Head of Development, Development Director, Head of Community Empowerment, Head of Campaigns, Campaign Director, Head of Charity Operations, Head of Engagement, Head of Partnerships, Head of Brand and Communications, Head of Strategy etc.