Want to use your passion for creating inclusive workplaces to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
We are passionately committed to WaterAid being an organisation where everyone is welcome, included, treated with respect and where diversity is celebrated. We stand against all forms of racism, injustice and inequality and it is our collective responsibility to fight against discrimination wherever and however it exists.
Reporting to the Head of Leadership and Engagement, and working closely with the Director of People, you will lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of our Diversity and Inclusion strategy - to ensure we continue to create an inclusive culture and working environment that promotes diversity and equality of opportunity for all.
This is a permanent full-time post (flexible working will be considered).
To be successful, you'll need:
- Experience of working in an equality, diversity and inclusion role in a complex or global organisation.
- Experience of designing policy and developing and delivering strategies, to embed a diversity and inclusion agenda into ways of working and organisational processes.
- A successful record in developing diversity and inclusion organisational change programmes and successfully delivering through others.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion best practice in a global context and preferably in a global development context.
- An ability to listen, demonstrate empathy and gain people's trust at all levels.
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'.
Salary (UK) £50k-£55k subject to experience, with excellent benefits
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close one minute before midnight UK time on Sunday 4th October. Availability for interview is required w/c 12th October. 2nd interviews are expected to be completed w/c 2nd November.
Our UK offices are at 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London and this role could also be based in a country where WaterAid has a presence, subject to cost and time zones allowing effective communication with the majority of WaterAid countries. Salary and benefits for other countries will vary in line with that WaterAid country's salary scale
WaterAid UK benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid UK is based in Canary Wharf, London. The office currently has limited capacity due to covid-19 and therefore the post holder may initially spend significant periods working from home. This will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship or relocation for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in one of WaterAid's countries.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at email@example.com