GCDA is looking for a new Good Food in Greenwich Strategic Lead!
Established for nearly 40 years, GCDA is a not for profit organisation which, since its inception, has been supporting communities to thrive. The organisation delivers work through consultancies, commissions, partnerships, public sector tenders.
GCDA is the lead for the Good Food in Greenwich Partnership, and has been at the forefront of innovative and exciting work in all areas related to food for over 20 years. We are looking for a passionate, experienced and dynamic person to lead on the strategic direction and action of the partnership. This role will lead on the development of the Good Food in Greenwich Partnership and ensure the borough successfully reaches Silver in the Sustainable Food Places award scheme by next year.
GCDA is committed to being an inclusive employer. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
The main aims of this role are to develop the GFIG strategy and achieve the Sustainable Food Places Silver Award for Good Food in Greenwich. This role will coordinate the silver award work, working on an action plan with partners across the borough to move the work forward and reach a successful Silver award within the year, whilst also developing the partnership and growing overall engagement within the borough.
Partnership Development and Management
- Lead on developing a strategy for the partnership
- Continue to build relationships with current partners and stakeholders and explore new links, thinking innovatively about how food issues intersect with a broad range of interests
- Develop a membership strategy, formally registering members and engaging new ones
- Identify opportunities for joint working, and facilitate partnership members to deliver it
- Grow our grass roots movement through campaigns, events, and other activities
- Supervise the Good Food in Greenwich administrator
- Lead on maintaining website with up to date information and events
- Be the contact for Sustainable Food Places and responsible for the silver award work including coordinating the award response
- Lead on engaging a wide range of partners and stakeholders in designing an action plan, ensuring work is progressing
- Develop communications plan in collaboration with colleagues
- Develop funding and contract bids in collaboration with line manager
Improving food systems
- Stay up to date on the policy environment around food and identify opportunities to press for change
- Develop work which amplifies community voices to influence policy and decision making at a borough level
- Regularly feedback and update the wider Partnership and stakeholders about relevant work taking place at borough, regional or national level and opportunities to participate or support
- Communicate sometimes complex information simply and make relevant for diverse audiences
- Coordinate the partnership’s scrutiny of relevant policy Joint work and project delivery