Director of Income Generation
Brighton, East Sussex (with some remote working)
If you are a passionate, high calibre income generation professional with great networking and relationship-building skills, this is a superb opportunity to play a crucial leadership role within our ambitious charity as we continue to deliver life-changing services.
Established in 1997, Martlets is a local charity that provides the very best care and support to terminally ill people in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding areas. Over the last 23 years, we’ve supported and cared for more than 25,000 people.
Most people receive care from us in their own homes. Outpatients also visit our hospice for pain relief, physiotherapy, counselling, welfare advice and social activities and we now offer remote support. Others choose to spend their final days here, or to join us as inpatients for respite care or symptom management.
The challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic have driven us to find new and innovative ways to fund and deliver our care. We’re proud of what we’ve done for our community, but we are eager to achieve even more.
We are looking for a Director of Income Generation to join our dedicated team and provide exceptional partnership with our Leadership Team. You will work with the Chief Executive and our Leadership Team to shape the future ambitions and maximise income through your own teams and Martlets and Martlets Care people.
- Salary of £65,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
- Flexible working practices
- Remote working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Training and professional development investment
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Ride-to-work scheme
- On-site parking (at some sites)
We have good foundations to build on, a strong team, the support of our community and excellent performance in many areas of income generation. Now, we need an authentic, influential leader who can tackle the challenges of a post COVID-19 world to help us achieve our vision through the portfolio of income generation streams.
You will have the chance to shape and evolve our offering, so we can adapt, advance and maximise our profitability, enabling us to continue helping those who need us the most.
We want everyone affected by terminal illness to know they can still feel hope, purpose and possibility - no matter who they are or what stage of illness they are at. If you think you could make a difference as part of the Martlets team, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Director of Income Generation, you will maximise income for our charity and shape the future of Martlets Hospice, Martlets Trading Company and Martlets Domiciliary Care Agency.
During your first six months, you’ll develop and deliver a post COVID-19 strategic and operational plan; identifying phased investment and consolidation, to deliver £8m investment and a capital appeal of £2.5m.
Once plans are in place, you and your team will be tasked with generating year-on-year income in excess of £6M. This will be achieved through a range of activities and targeted campaigns which you will spearhead and drive.
You will also:
- Lead the delivery of our income generation strategies
- Oversee, direct and co-ordinate the work of our Income Generation, Retail and Martlets Care Teams
- Act as a guardian of our brand and maintain our reputation for quality and innovation
- Ensure that we maintain a high profile across Brighton and Hove, including attending events
- Provide expert advice and guidance on all issues relating to fundraising, lottery and retail work
- Work with the CEO to report on new commercial developments and opportunities
To join us as our Director of Income Generation, you will need:
- Experience of working at a director/senior level
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (including public speaking)
- A strategic mindset
- To be a charismatic leader who can inspire others
- Marketing and communications experience, which included supporting income generation activity
- Membership of a professional body
Experience of charity trading would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Director of Fundraising, Commercial Director, or Marketing and Communications Director.
The closing date for applications is the 21st September 2020. We welcome you contacting us for an informal discussion about the role. Please contract Sandra Marinovich to make an appointment.
Webrecruit and Martlets are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as our Director of Income Generation, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.