Finance Business Partner, Central London – The Arts, up to £60,000 plus benefits
An exciting new opportunity has become available at a leading arts organisation in Central London. They are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join the team as a finance business partner, reporting directly into the Head of Finance. This role will business partner different departments within the organisation, producing management accounts, budgeting and forecasting and monitoring financial performance. This is effectively a number two role to the Head of Finance so there is plenty of room to progress and take on new responsibilities.
- Management Accounts for a portfolio of departments.
- Leading on the budgeting and forecasting process with the Head of Finance
- Provide financial information for applications for some restricted funds. For applications that are successful, monitor and reconcile the qualifying income and expenditure and produce the financial element of the report.
- Assist the Head of Finance with the commercial decision making within the organisation
- Prepare the Finance Report, ensuring that the pages produced are accurate and reconcile to the accounting system.
- Maintain the financial information on the system and produce templates and records with the assistance of the part qualified team
- Support budget holders with financial year end process; leading on the preparation of the annual accounts.
- Build relationships with key budget holders and keep in regular communication to provide a first-class management accounting service.
- Project work as required by the Head of Finance
- Adhoc support and analysis to support decision making around change, new projects and cost savings.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualified CIMA (preferable) or equivalent qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience producing management accounts
- Some management experience would be desired but not essential
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills, capable of effective negotiating with budget holders and understanding their needs.
- Ability to explain financial concepts, systems and procedures to a diverse group of non-finance colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills, enabling recommendations to be drawn from complex information and data
- Hands-on experience of using mid-range accounting software combined with strong Excel skills
- A great communicator, able to win confidence of others and relate to wide range of colleagues.
- Pro-active approach to seeking solutions to problems, able to use initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy and varied environment.
- Resilient and flexible approach to work
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.