Governance and Facilities Officer
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Deadline: 26/09/2020 23:59
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday, buy and sell annual leave programme, Perkbox, health cash plan and more
Job Type: Permanent
We have a newly created position for a Governance and Facilities Officer. Reporting into the Governance Manager, the purpose of this role it to ensure the organisation complies with its outside regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, you will also be responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day administrative operation across the organisation and refuges.
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an appropriate process in regard to returns and accounts submissions for our statutory bodies
- Ensure the company’s key registers are up to date and compliant
- Monitor and ensure updates are completed in a timely manner for organisational trackers
- Co-ordinate information as necessary for Subject Access Requests and other third-party requests for information
- Ensure monthly performance data is complete and accurate together with the submission of external benchmarking data when required
- Act as key point of contact with insurers
- Responsible for the day-to-day office management of our head office and satellite offices including ordering office stationery, facilitating archiving programmes, monitoring cleaning contracts and ensuring Healthy and Safety standards are adhered to
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to suggest and implement improvements
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge of the statutory and regulatory environment for UK charities
- A proactive, problem-solving, practical attitude/approach and the willingness to be hands on
- To be comfortable and professional in situations that require high levels of confidentiality or sensitivity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, combining a sensitive approach with strong networking/advocacy skills
At Housing for Women, our values are very important to us. Therefore, it is important we ensure we bring on board people who represent these. Please find below our core values. In your personal statement, please explain how you reflect these.
- Empowering – we aim to empower our customers to make choices and have greater control of their lives
- Positive - our people have a ‘can do’ attitude. We are positive about change and see it as an opportunity to develop
- Integrity - we are fair, open and honest and keep our promises
- Committed - we are always striving to do better and are enthusiastic about learning from our experience
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 85 years providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
To apply for the role of Governance and Facilities Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Governance Officer, Facilities Co-ordinator, Governance and Facilities Co-ordinator, Office Manager, Regulations Officer, or Governance and Regulatory Officer.