Financial Controller / Head of Finance
Rochester City Airport and Redhill Aerodome
£55,000 per annum
For over 30 years, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex has been providing world-leading pre-hospital medical services to critically ill or injured patients wherever they are, whenever they need it. As the UK’s busiest, and one of the world’s leading Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), we are at the forefront of utilising technology and innovation to save lives and improve patient outcomes.
To support us in maximising our impact, Team KSS is looking to appoint a Financial Controller / Head of Finance to deliver the mandatory financial tasks and controls of the charity and support the Director of Corporate Services in developing our financial function.
As the Financial Controller / Head of Finance, you be required to manage the production of statutory reports and accounts, VAT returns and the annual budget, whilst also providing advice and assistance to the Director of Corporate Services and the wider Senior Leadership Team on a full range of financial matters.
This is an existing opportunity for any experienced, qualified financial professional to maintain and develop our current financial functions and help us continue to provide our world-leading HEMS service to the communities that we serve.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Lead, support and develop the finance team
- Produce of the annual year-end financial statements and liaise with the charity’s auditors, as necessary
- Prepare the annual budget
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded in a timely and accurate manner
- Oversee financial systems and processes including, but not limited to, the production of monthly management accounts and payroll reports
- Day-to-day control of the accounting and treasury function e.g. cash-flow management, payments and debt management
- Develop and document financial processes and policies across the charity to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Review and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Prepare ad hoc management reports and analysis as appropriate
- Manage complex administration surrounding legacy donations
- Liaise with the charity’s tax consultants and financial auditors
- Provide materials for the Audit & Risk Committee and Trustee Board as required
STRATEGIC DUTIES (IN ASSOCIATION WITH DIRECTOR of CORP. SERVICES) TO INCLUDE:
- Engage with banks, auditors, HMRC and regulators on specific matters
- Finance representative on key strategic projects/capital investments working with SLT members and their teams to deliver cost-effective and financially compliant programmes
- Develop a business partnering model
- Manage and review accounting and finance systems seeking to integrate or change legacy systems to improve robustness, efficiency, analysis and reporting capability
- Fully qualified accountant, with experience of producing annual financial statements
- A track record of preparing for and successfully concluding the annual audit processes
- Knowledge of accounting systems, processes and financial controls
- Experienced in the production and review of budgets, forecasts and business cases
- Management of a team, including coaching, reviews and performance management
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including MS Excel
- Self-motivated, with the desire to develop new skills and a history of turning challenges into opportunities
- Team worker: part of wider team building a value-adding corporate services organisation
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Desire to be involved in the KSS vision to end preventable loss of life from medical emergency, to generate and inspire support in our charity, be excellent in all we do and make a difference
Previous knowledge of charity SORP and experience of producing charity accounts and charity VAT returns would be desirable.
If you would like to make a formal application for the role of Financial Controller / Head of Finance, please select the apply button shown to send an updated CV and covering statement outlining your suitability for the position to our HR team.
Please be aware that there is no fixed closing date for this role and the position will be advertised until the right candidate is found. If you are interested in applying for the role, we recommend that all applicants submit their application as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Finance Controller, Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Senior Accountant, or Qualified Accountant.