- Chance to deliver a major NHS campaign as part of the COVID-19 response
- Interim Assistant Marketing Manager contract starting asap
About Our Client
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) collects, tests, processes, stores and delivers blood, plasma and tissue to every NHS Trust in England and North Wales. They also match, allocate, audit and analyse organ donations across the whole of the UK as well as managing the British Bone Marrow Registry.
They retrieve and store other tissue, like skin and bone, ready for use in life-saving and life-improving situations, and also manufacture and provide plasma products such as clotting agents.
Their work is vitally important to the NHS and each year, their work enables 6,000 peoples' lives to be saved or dramatically improved by an organ or cornea transplant.
Their Core Purpose is to save and improve lives while demonstrating their values every step of the way
Their ambition is to be the best organisation of their type in the world by living their values every day
Their Core Values are: Caring about their donors, their families, their staff and the patients they serve; Being Expert in meeting the needs of their external and internal customers and partners; Providing Quality products, services and experiences for donors, staff and patients
Your responsibilities as the Assistant Marketing Manager will include:
- Supporting the delivery of marketing activity to recruit people who have recovered from COVID-19 to donate to help others recover from the illness.
- Helping to ensure there is targeted paid, owned and earned activity in place to reach and motivate different audience groups, specifically black and Asian donors, key workers and other key target audiences.
- Supporting the creative content to resonate with different audience groups to inspire and motivate action.
- Help evaluate the performance of channels and activity using the Government Communications Service evaluation framework, sharing learnings and providing recommendations to continuously improve results
- Managing agency delivery and performance
- Providing support to the Marketing Manager and Head of Convalescent Plasma marketing and other team members
- Track that budgets are managed and deliver value for money within your scope of control.
- With broad marketing and campaigns expertise, you will work closely with colleagues across the wider NHS Blood and Transplant Donor Experience directorate, particularly customer marketing and corporate communications, as well as specialist leads in other directorates to deliver core activity and content .Working collaboratively with colleagues across the programme to deliver against objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practice of marketing in a consumer or not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrates the experience and the ability to develop a coherent marketing strategy and oversee changes in working practices required to implement it.
- Experience of delivering marketing activity across range of channels
- Experience of delivering creative and messaging tailored to specific audiences
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of Microsoft computer packages
- Demonstrates experience or ability to analyse the cost effectiveness and impact of marketing campaigns based on response and budgetary data
- Ability to evaluate activity and identify opportunities to improve
What's on Offer
In this role you will work with the Plasma Marketing management team to develop, co-ordinate and deliver our national campaign to inform the public about the need for plasma donations and to encourage survivors of the virus to register to become plasma donors to help other patients suffering with Covid-19. This is a role where you are trying to drive behaviour change and action.
It is a 7 month FTC and a band 6 position.
The role will be remote until the end of the year and location is flexible.
It will be a 1 stage process in September and the role closes on Sunday 13th September at 7pm
It is an Assistant Marketing Manager position and reports into the Marketing Manager.
They are open to third sector and corporate candidates.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZ14107183Z