The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) is the professional membership body for Speech and Language Therapists with over 17,500 members. The RCSLT head office is in London with satellite offices in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
In our 75th anniversary year, we are looking for leaders who have a passion for our profession to serve on the Board of Trustees.
Being on the Board provides an opportunity to influence the strategic direction and governance of the RCSLT, and to shape the future of the profession. It also provides a unique learning and development opportunity for successful applicants.
We have a vacancy for a qualified accounting professional to join our Board of Trustees as Honorary Treasurer for a three-year term of office. As well as attending Board meetings, the Honorary Treasurer chairs the Finance and Resources Committee (FRC).
You will need an understanding of our purpose, and awareness of and enthusiasm for the speech and language therapy profession, along with the ability to fulfil the role of a General Trustee.
We also expect the successful individual to have:
- an understanding of the financial dynamics of a professional body;
- experience of strategic financial planning;
- experience of the governance of budgetary and contract management;
- experience of the development and management of a strategic investment and reserves policy;
- experience of risk management;
- experience of working with external auditors;
- the ability to present financial information clearly to a range of audiences.
Due to COVID – 19, the selection process involves a video interview on Wednesday 30 September 2020 with a panel of trustees and senior management.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Completed applications should be submitted by close of business on Monday 21 September 2020.
Please note that as part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we have decided to redact any personal information not relating to the role from applications prior to them being presented to the selection panel.