Team Leader (Residential Childcare)
£26,810 - £32,039 per annum
Our client is renowned for providing inspirational education and care to children and young people, resulting in life-changing experiences and countless stories of success.
As Team Leader you’ll assist the Registered Manager and Deputy manager with day to day activities within the home. Ensuring best practices, you will support, motivate and encourage the team, cascading your knowledge and expertise when necessary to ensure the best environment, where children and young people can thrive.
Your responsibilities will include
- Ensure policies and legislation is implemented, monitored and adhered to by all staff
- Supervision of staff team
- Demonstrate good child care practices, acting as a role model for the team
- Be directly involved in Case Conferences, Reviews and Planning Meetings
We’re looking for someone with:
- Previous experience in a residential child care setting
- Experience of carrying out administrative duties
- Diploma Level 3 Residential Child Care
- A willingness and desire to pursue further training
- An awareness of children’s needs and rights, Child Protection, the Quality Standards 2015 and Children’s Home Regulations is essential
- Experience of working with adolescents (11+)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good Literacy and numerical skills
- Willingness to sleep in and work anti-social hours
- Due to the nature of this role a full UK Driving Licence and flexible working approach is essential.
In return our client offers:
- £1,000 attendance allowance
- 5% Contributory Pension
- Life insurance based on two times your annual base salary
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Comprehensive Induction Programme and exceptional ongoing training
- In addition to extensive benefits (including Medicash Health Plan/Employee Assistance)
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. They are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
#jobs #recruiting #teamleader #carejobs #socialcare #residentialchildcare #childprotection #Leicestershirejobs