Job Title: Director of Patient Support Services
Hours/Contract: Full time/ permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Alton, Hampshire (will be required to work away from base and with the flexibility for home working)
We are working in partnership with Kidney Care UK, the leading kidney patient support charity in the UK, providing practical, financial and emotional support for kidney patients and their families, and campaigning to improve kidney care services across the UK.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a Director of Patient Support Services to lead the strategic, financial and operational management of Kidney Care UK’s suite of patient support services to maximise patient outcomes and wellbeing through the delivery and development of existing services; as well as developing new patient support services. You will also support the Chief Executive in development of the Charity’s overall strategic direction going forward, as one of the UK’s leading patient support charities.
The successful applicant will be a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Chief Executive, with the following skills and experience:
- At least five years’ experience of developing and delivering patient/ carer support services across health or social care
- Experience of working for a charity or health related organisation
- Experience of managing in a patient support or health/ care setting
- A track record of successfully managing large teams across multiple sites/ locations
- Experience of developing and managing strong relationships and partnerships with external organisations, bodies and stakeholders
- Understanding of the commissioning and delivery of patient care services in the UK
- Experience of managing change and translating strategy into practice in a patient care setting.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent people management and interpersonal skills. You will have a proactive, innovative and collaborative approach with commitment and passion to deliver excellence, patient support and care. Experience of kidney care is desirable rather than essential.
If you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to play a central role for Kidney Care UK, please email your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1738.
Closing date for applications: 23 September 2020
Interview date: week commencing 12/13 October 2020