Job Title: UK Programmes Manager
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Location: Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary guideline: £35,000 – £42,000 (depending on experience)
Terms of Employment: Permanent Contract (with a 3-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date: Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by email by no later than 25th September 2020
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and When Suitable Candidates Identified
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Muslim Hands reserves the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found ahead of the ‘closing date’ [25th September 2020].
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to coordinate our programmatic work in the UK through an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities within this area.
Main purpose of the Role
The UK Programmes Manager manages MH interventions in the UK. The incumbent will ensure that MH UK programmes department implement effective programmes across in line with the MH global Strategy. The role will also be responsible for the monitoring and reporting of UK the department work across multiple platforms.
The UK Programmes Manager will also ensure that Muslim Hands is present in relevant forums and national and local discussions around the areas of intervention. The position will report to Director of Programmes and manage the UK programmes team.
The candidate will have experience with project management within the development sector in the UK. Ideally will have experience and knowledge of the education and food security sector in the UK.
- To formulate the UK programmes strategy plans in line with the MH global strategy
- To ensure that MH UK programmes are in line with Global MH strategy
- Carry out an annual review of UK programmes
- Review proposals of proposed interventions to ensure innovative projects and programmes are designed adhering to sectoral standards, principles of humanitarian interventions and best practices
- Oversee and lead the full programmatic cycle of all UK programme
- Carry out thorough needs assessments to address specific needs.
- Working with partners develop and design projects and programme within the UK
- Effectively coordinate and liaise with partners to successfully implement
- Ensure effective M&E arrangements are in place and carry out full project cycle monitoring, facilitate internal and external evaluation of impact evaluations of all projects as deemed necessary
- Ensure all programme are in line with MH procedures and policy and follow the correct documentation and templates
- Ensure the effective use of the internal programme management system
- Ensure all UK programmes are in line with due diligence, risk and legal concerns
- Develop MH UK programme budget
- ensure effective and efficient utilization of programme funds
- Ensure documents and relevant procedures are followed
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders within fundraising to ensure UK programmes are funded and communicated to Donors
- To become an essential member of discussion of forum on UK development Agenda
- Using MH and other networks with local CSOs and Government bodies to promote MH UK programmes
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure the internal visibility of MH UK programmes
- Provide all stakeholders with technical advice and support on UK issues
- Ensure areas of MH are in line with current UK CSO trends
- Provide training to UK partners to ensure they can utilise MH systems and projects in line with MH policies and PM procedures
- To undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent and wholly accountable manner
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
Must be able to either
Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
How to Apply
Please register your interest and apply by sending in your current CV and a suitable covering letter by using the apply section below.
Deadline for applications is 25th September 2020 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.