Ashiana are recruiting for the exciting new post of Operations and Development Manager who will be responsible for the overall performance and development of internal services and operations.
The post requires an experienced manager with strengths and skills in innovation, development and growth of existing and new services locally, regionally and nationally.
The post holder will require business and financial acumen to ensure that current and future operations continue on a sustainable and viable basis and can evidence positive outcomes and value in the market we are operating in.
This is an exciting opportunity to support Ashiana strategically in promoting it’s USP; to support Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee (BAMER) communities whose lives have been affected by violence and abuse to take control of their lives and move forward into healthy, stable and safer futures.
Purpose of the job:
The Operations and Development Manager will manage service operations across all Ashiana contracts and projects. The post holder will work with Chief Executive and Trustees, as determined, to ensure contractual compliance and high quality services.
The post holder will deliver the organisation’s strategic aims to build upon our existing work providing increased knowledge, responses and services to women from BAMER communities whose lives have been affected by violence and abuse.
The post holder will also work with the Chief Executive, to focus on strategic and operational service delivery and expansion, including fundraising, partnership building, programme development and promotion, with a particular focus on communities, local authority, statutory and third sector organisation relationships, representing the organisation at a senior level both internally and externally.
Service staff and resource management
· Implement the strategic plans and overall management of Ashiana ensuring the successful strategic development of the organisation, including business planning, internal policies, procedures and quality standards, cross-departmental working and external relations.
· Monitor quality assurance and provide direction and support to delivery teams.
· Production and implementation of operational work plans and budgets in line with Ashiana strategic plan
· Management of staff and resources to achieve required service response, quality and cost performance indicators, including housing management and support, are delivered effectively and efficiently to meet regulatory, legislative and quality standards that are relevant to the service.
· Management and monitoring of services budgets including analysis, reporting and action on variances
· motivate and inspire other managers and staff team to deliver high performance and achievements
· Development and oversight of staff induction, appraisal and supervision systems and in line with required competencies
· Resolving performance issues among staff and volunteers engaged in services
· Act as safeguarding lead for the organisation
Managing Contract Performance
· Monitoring performance against targets and deliverables
· Financial tracking and monitoring of contract and grant income (alongside the Finance Officer)
· Ensuring contractual and regulatory compliance
· Reporting contract and grant performance trends and issues to service delivery staff and senior management
· Ensuring compliance with regular internal and contractual quality assurance and security audits; continually developing and implementing improvements
· Maintain relationships with Commissioners and Monitoring Officers
· Attend Partnership Meetings for contracts Ashiana delivers on
· Manage relationships with partners from whom Ashiana sub-contracts delivery, satellite space and other relevant services
· Responsible for ensuring all funding and contract monitoring and monitoring reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
· Production of regular Contracts Management and staffing reports for internal senior management decision making
· Production and co-ordination of quarterly board reports and statistics
· Ad hoc reports as requested by the CEO, board and funders
Service and Business Development
· Analysis of performance leading to service changes and improvements to increase user and funder outcomes/level of satisfaction/perceived value of the service
· Collaborative working with commissioners and senior operational managers across a range of sectors and organisations in order to strengthen the role and contribution of existing services and create new opportunities
· Negotiation, development and implementation of new, scaled up or pilot services in collaboration with external and internal management functions and staff
· Working with the Fundraiser, Training Development Officer and other staff to develop income streams. Managing implementation and growth
· Development and monitoring of workforce plans including competency frameworks to meet the operational requirements of the organisation
· Management of change plans including internal and external communications, HR and related technical issues.
· Production and presentation of reports and updates to CEO, to support internal strategic and performance review processes (including to Board) and with external development work groups and fora
Representing the Organisation
· Representing the organisation at external events locally, regionally and nationally
· Work collaboratively with other members of Ashiana management team.
· Meet legislative and all relevant regulatory requirements
· Ensure the values of Ashiana are upheld across the organisation
· Carry out duties in accordance with Ashiana principles, policies and procedures
· Lead on the development and monitoring of quality assurance systems
· Liaise with other providers on improving and linking the delivery of services
· Strategic involvement with fundraising, PR and social policy work
· Attend meetings and training courses as required, including regular supervision meetings and annual appraisal with the CEO
· Undertake from time to time such other tasks as may be required including administrative duties in connection with the post
· Uphold and implement the policies and procedures of Ashiana throughout all aspects of the work of the organisation
Please click on the Apply button below for further information on the role, an application pack and details on how to apply.
For an informal chat;
Please contact Nicola Lambe, CEO on 07814 145079 (after 3rd September)
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd September at 5.00pm
The posts are restricted to female applicants pursuant to Section 9s of the Equality Act 2010.