The South West Academic Health Science Network (SW AHSN) is dedicated to improving health and care by spreading innovation across the region. We are a network of 15 AHSN’s, set up by NHS England to identify, adopt and disseminate innovative healthcare.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Partnerships Manager to support the long term sustainability of the SW AHSN by ensuring that we are strategic, proactive and enterprising in meeting the needs of our members and stakeholders, both present and future.
The Partnerships Manager has a vital role in our partnerships business function, both supporting our teams to maximise the impact of their work with our members and partners, and supporting long-term sustainability.
You will work closely with the Senior Partnerships Manager and colleagues in the communications and engagement business function.
You will be a vital link to our membership, managing the delivery of the commitments we make in our
partnerships and new commissions through the running of projects in quality improvement and spread and change methodologies.
You will work with our communications and engagement, programmes, and evaluation and learning business functions to deliver our engagement strategy and plans for our member organisations.
Overall you will ensure that we are delivery focused, proactive and reliable in our work with our members, and current and future stakeholders.
Key success factors
- Building and maintaining collaborations and partnerships for mutual benefit.
- The ability to design and co-ordinate the delivery of training programmes and events focused on capability development.
- An accomplished communicator with a drive to support our members and stakeholders.
- A solutions-focused completer-finisher with a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with change and uncertainty in a fast-paced setting.
- Working with the Chief Executive, Director of Partnerships, Senior Partnerships Manager and colleagues in the communications and engagement business function to design our member engagement strategy and plans.
- Supporting delivery of membership engagement plans in partnership with colleagues in our communications and engagement, programmes, and evaluation and learning business functions.
- Managing the development and delivery of capability development programmes to meet member and partner needs, with a focus on quality improvement (QI) and spread, including:
- Managing training and workshop sessions
- Establishing strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ensuring the production of quality promotional materials and sending engaging correspondence to participants
- Creating training budgets and monitoring spend
- Managing, supporting and co-ordinating SW AHSN sub-contractors and associates in the design and delivering of our capability programmes.
- Supporting and working with our programmes business function to support the delivery of internally focused QI and spread training projects.
- Supporting effective decision-making through the provision of timely and accurate information and the use of critical thinking.
Experience we are looking for
• Member and stakeholder-focused with empathy for the needs of external stakeholders and a pro-active approach.
• Talented and experienced at delivering multiple complex projects to external stakeholders.
• Collaborative, with a track record in designing and co-ordinating the delivery of training and events.
• Knowledge of innovation, quality improvement and change methodologies.
• Adept at managing large workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
Experience and capabilities you will develop in the role
• Managing large-scale, cross-system training and partnerships that improve health.
• Experience of cutting-edge innovation and improvement methods and approaches.
• Experience working in a matrix management structure with high-functioning teams.
• Experience building multi-partner collaborations that deliver impact.