Data Insight & Reporting Executive
2 year fixed term contract
Circa £40k salary and competitive benefits
The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund is the RAF’s leading welfare charity. The Welfare Directorate is responsible for understanding and meeting the social welfare needs of those in the RAF Family, from those currently serving in the RAF and their families through to veterans of all ages. This is achieved through the delivery of a wide range of services, initiatives and programmes which last year helped over 70,000 individuals.
We are seeking an individual who is experienced in using data and statistics, is focused and highly organised, to provide insight into the impact of our charitable provision through evaluation and impact reporting. The post holder will be responsible for measuring and capturing outputs, carrying out data analysis and evaluation to identify trends, and preparing reports. They will also review our current impact reporting and take this forward, ensuring we remain best in class. The successful candidate will have recent experience in data analysis, knowledge of impact reporting, and excellent IT skills, ideally with experience in the charity sector. The role is office based in London, with occasional travel.
A detailed job profile is available below. To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter, not longer than three sides, detailing why you believe you are suitable for this role.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th August 2020.
Please note interviews will take place in two stages. Firstly, via Microsoft Teams/Skype/Zoom on Wednesday 19th or Thursday 20th August 2020. The second stage will involve meeting in person in the week commencing 24th August 2020.
The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund is a Registered Charity (No. 1081009) which encourages applications from all sections of the community
Please note that due to the high number of applications expected, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
MAIN SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Leading on the use of data and statistics to provide insights into service delivery activities through evaluation and impact reporting, helping to ensure that the Fund has a high degree of insight into the impact of its welfare provision and wider sector developments.
- To measure and capture outputs from the Fund’s service provision, providing insight into the volume and impact of welfare activities provided to beneficiaries.
- To carry out robust data manipulation and analysis of the Fund’s welfare data to identify trends and inform any areas of concern or focus.
- To develop and track key performance indicators, developing and supporting reporting processes.
- To prepare reports for internal and external audiences, creating data dashboards, graphs and visualisations.
- To review the Fund’s current impact reporting and make recommendations in relation to updating and developing this so it continues to be best in class.
- To scope out the collection and analysis of data at a macro scale to benefit the Fund’s understanding of the RAF Family and welfare delivery.
- To provide advice and support as necessary for the evaluation of welfare activity, including outcomes measurement and impact reporting.
- To lead on the analysis and interpretation of data across the Welfare & Policy Directorate and the wider sector, making recommendations in relation to reporting, the identification of trends and new developments.
- To analyse the business process and application of deficiencies in data (capture and reporting) and propose improvements.
- To work closely with other directorates within the organisation, providing data and analysis to support wider activities including fundraising, communications and the annual report.
- Represent the organisation at meetings and events as required.
- Provide support to research projects within the Welfare directorate as required.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope of the job as requested by Head of Strategy & Programmes or Director Welfare & Policy.
- Progressive professional development through identified training opportunities and programmes.
- BA/BSc in a relevant discipline (such as statistics, information management, psychology) or other relevant data analysis qualification
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience undertaking data analysis and reporting within other organisations
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Experience of producing data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Knowledge / experience of impact reporting within the charitable sector
- Excellent IT knowledge, including advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of creating reports
- Significant experience of working within a case management system
- Experience leading or managing data analysis across an organisation
- Experience of working within the charity sector and / or the RAF
- Experience working within research
- Experience of the CARE system
- Knowledge of data protection and GDPR
- Learning and researching – gathering comprehensive information, demonstrating understanding and managing knowledge
- Analysing – analysing data and information, making rational judgements and analyses
- Planning and Organising – managing time effectively, meeting deadlines and prioritising workload
- Writing and Reporting – writing clearly and succinctly, in a well-structured and logical way
- Working With People – working well as part of a team and supporting others
- Presenting and Communicating Information – speaking clearly and fluently, expressing key points, projecting credibility and undertaking presentations with skill and confidence
- Deciding and Initiating Action – taking initiative, working under own direction and taking responsibility where appropriate
- Relating and Networking - establishing good relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries and external contacts, relating well to people at all levels
- Adapting and Responding to Change – demonstrating flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances, accepting new ideas
- Following Instructions and Procedures – appropriately following instructions and adhering to policies and procedures and objectives
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives – accepting and tackling goals with enthusiasm and demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Adhering to Principles and Values – upholding ethics/values, demonstrating integrity and promoting and defending equal opportunities.