Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We're looking for a Trusts and Grants Manager to work as part of a team of 5, to help raise funds for our amazing cause. Securing gifts from Trusts and Grantmakers will help bring our brave lifeboat crews home safely and provide the training and protective gear our crews and lifeguards need to save lives.
Some of the benefits
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
As a Trusts and Grants Manager, you will develop and steward a portfolio of Trust donors, building sustainable long-term relationships with new and existing supporters in order to meet agreed financial targets and deliver our Trust fundraising strategy. This will include:
- Responsibility for securing funds from charitable Trusts, Foundations, and other grant-making bodies in order to contribute to the RNLI’s ambitious growth strategy.
- Working closely with colleagues across the RNLI to understand project detail, impact and need and to deliver the best possible experience for our donors.
- Responsibility for the effective stewardship of a portfolio of high-level Trust donors, seeking relevant opportunities to deliver creative and inspiring engagement to sustain long-term relationships and repeat gifts.
- Researching, identifying and making approaches to new Trust prospects, through timely and high-quality written appeals and face-to-face meetings.
- Writing detailed impact reports updating donors on the projects they have funded.
The role will ideally be based in Poole however being based from another RNLI asset or homeworking may be considered for the right candidate. Occasional travel will be required.
To be considered as our new Trusts and Grants Manager you must have:
- Experience of bringing in gifts in a Trust fundraising environment or similar discipline.
- An interest in and good understanding of the Trust sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be adept in building and maintaining relationships with both high level funders and stakeholders.
- A flair for writing creative applications and compelling fundraising proposals.
- Experience in managing your own income pipeline.
- Experience in spotting opportunities for securing gifts from new sources.
You may also have:
- A track record of bringing in significant, multi-year gifts with large funders.
- Experience of sourcing overseas funding.
So, if you are an experienced fundraiser who enjoys relationship building and prospecting for new business, with an enthusiastic, creative and driven approach to supporting our organisation’s aim to reduce drowning, the role of Trusts and Grants Manager could be for you.
For more information and to apply online, please click the apply button to be taken to the RNLI recruitment page.
Closing date: 29 June 2020.
Interview date: 9/10 July 2020 (by video link).