Job Description: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Base: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Permanent (FT or PT for the right candidate)
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 per annum (FTE)
The National Energy Foundation
The National Energy Foundation is an independent charity based in Milton Keynes, which has been at the forefront of improving the use of energy in buildings since 1988. We aim to give people, organisations and government the knowledge, support and inspiration they need to understand, manage and reduce the use of energy in buildings.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to lead the overall NEF marketing strategy, from concept to delivery. You will oversee the creation and delivery of marketing plans that fulfil NEF’s charitable strategy, meet business development targets and ensure all communications are accurate, well-crafted and on-brand. You will provide high quality advice and guidance on marketing matters and collaborate with other teams to create good commercial outcomes.
To provide a quality service you might already have a strong understanding of our customers and markets – or you’ll need to develop that understanding quickly. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Alongside senior colleagues, develop and own the NEF marketing and communications strategy.
- Management of NEF’s portfolio of websites to implement design changes, improving functionality, check Google Analytics and make necessary changes to refine and improve Goal Conversions on the sites.
- Management of website content and SEO – ensuring all written, photographic and multimedia content is up-to-date, commissioning new content where required, and keeping the sites completely current.
- Management of NEF’s social media strategy across its portfolio of projects and websites, including regular updates of blogs and other content across various social media channels.
- Management of NEF’s marketing collateral – supervising design, print and production of brochures, leaflets, corporate videos, case studies, testimonials etc.
- Leadership of direct marketing creative campaigns, including creating, sending out and measuring impact of e-newsletters and direct mail.
- Management of NEF charitable identity and branding guidelines, ensuring absolute consistency of brand across all parts of the business; managing production of company stationery, branded templates for documents, bids and presentations, production of business cards, office signage etc.
- Management of special promotions or ‘themed’ activities.
- Management of exhibitions and events, including choosing which events to attend, sorting exhibition and display materials and leading attendance schedules.
- Management of sponsorships, ensuring brand consistency and maximum exposure.
- Entering awards for the company – writing the awards submissions, gathering evidence and testimonials, etc.
- Representing NEF at new business meetings, conference speaking opportunities, attendance at conventions and trade shows; all with potential for out-of-hours networking.
- A minimum of 3 years marketing experience, ideally in a charitable environment and across a mixture of marketing techniques, including content, digital, direct and social marketing.
- Knowledge of (or an interest in learning) sustainability, in particular on energy related issues
- Branding experience.
- Budget management experience and good numerical skills.
- Experience of digital content & social media, including scheduling programmes.
- Copywriting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and stability in challenging situations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with good time management skills.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, with a willingness to learn.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Computer literate – Excel, Word, Mac & Windows OS.
- Experience working both independently, and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to execute, monitor and analyse campaigns.
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter outlining why you feel you would excel in this role by 12th June.