Annually: Pay range from £24,241 to £33,301, plus Home Worker Allowance of £500, pro rata
Region: North East
Location: Home Based - Yorkshire & Humber Region
Department: Major Giving
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Working Hours Per Week: 17.5
Closing Date: 3 November 2019
The NSPCC is keen to build its major donor fundraising in Yorkshire and so a rare opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic team of high value donor fundraisers, responsible for raising the millions of pounds needed to continue the NSPCC’s fight for every childhood.
The Philanthropy team is part of the NSPCC’s Major Donors department. We focus upon high level, individual donors and are responsible for securing major gifts ranging from four to seven figures. Our success is founded upon our focus on building high quality and enduring relationships between the NSPCC and those with the capacity to make transformational gifts.
The Philanthropy team has an annual income target of £3.6m per annum within the Major Donors department’s target of c£9m; and we aim to increase this over the coming years.
An ideal position for an energetic deal-maker, you will be responsible for some existing relationships in the region but your focus will be on generating new prospects, building lasting relationships and making asks for substantial financial gifts. This post involves close collaboration with a broad range of internal NSPCC colleagues and external stakeholders.
• have great people skills and have the personal stature to be able to operate effectively within our audience stream.
• be an excellent relationships manager, highly proactive, self-motivated and organised.
• be comfortable with targets and able to deal with competing priorities.
• enjoy working collaboratively with other colleagues, teams and departments.
• have first class written skills, able to tell our story in a compelling way
• have the ability and willingness to travel independently throughout the region.
Above all, you will relish getting out, meeting your prospects and making the ask.
Experience of working with high value donors (particularly individuals) or clients, and proven success in generating new business and achieving financial targets are highly desirable.
Interviews will be held in Leeds on either 3rd or 4th December.
This type of role rarely becomes available outside London, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate, for whom we will consider flexible working arrangements. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Phil Robertshaw on 07879 113522 or at email@example.com