Finance and Risk Officer Inclusion Works Aid Connect
Sightsavers is recruiting for a Finance and Risk Officer – Inclusion Works who will support the day to day administration of the Inclusion Works programme, ensuring that the financial requirements of the project are fully met. Reporting to the Head of Finance, Inclusive Futures, this role involves close collaboration with the Institutional Funding teams, the Planning, Performance and Reporting (PPR) team consortium partners and implementing partners. The Finance and Risk Officer will work closely with Country Office staff and other support teams to ensure that this and other projects funded by donors run smoothly. The post holder would be expected to travel up to 5 weeks per year.
Salary: £28,000 – £31,000 per annum
Contract: 2 Year Fixed Term
About the role:
Key duties will include:
- Supporting the development, review and amendment of coordinating and implementing consortium partner contracts
- Coordinating the process for timely and accurate donor financial submissions
- Ongoing financial monitoring of consortium partner projects budgets
- Supporting the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for the donor
- Supporting day to day finance and administration tasks
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills and it’s an involved role so please read the complete Job Description for further details.
The ideal candidate will have:
- finance and accountancy experience
- awareness of overseas development (preferably gained through work in the INGO sector)
- an understanding of institutional donor contract management, in particular DFID funding
- excellent numerical skills
- strong attention to detail
- an improvement mindset and a willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
This role may be for you if:
- You are proactive by nature and have initiative.
- You are comfortable taking decisions and have a good sense of when to escalate issues.
- You are quick to notice irregularities yet you do not lose sight of the bigger picture.
- You enjoy solving problems and have a keen eye for improvement.
- You communicate clearly. You adapt your language and pace to suit your listeners.
- You are confident holding close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are comfortable working in an international context and travelling to the countries we work in.
Sightsavers offers a great place to work within easy reach of London and Brighton.
We anticipate that interviews, including a short Excel-based task will take place at our Haywards Heath, West Sussex offices on 8 November 2019.