Senior Partnership Manager (DfID)
Through the performance management of Partnership Managers (DFID), the Senior Partnership Manager (DfID) will support the Senior Investment Partner: Government Funded Partnerships to ensure the effective management and delivery of co-funded initiatives with DfID and the grants within them.
Key Accountabilities / Objectives
- Line manage Partnership Managers (DFID), setting clear KPIs and holding regular 1-1s to manage performance, creating a culture of collaboration and flexibility within the team.
- Support Partnership Managers to lead on reporting, risk and partnership management and budget management for their respective initiatives co-funded with DfID.
- Support Partnership Managers to address risk or concerns relating to their respective accounts, elevating risks or concerns to the Senior Investment Partner: Government Funded Partnerships as required.
- Take personal responsibility for (part of) an initiative co-funded with DfID and for the grants within it, including taking the lead on reporting, risk and partnership management and budget management.
- Work with Finance to ensure ongoing compliance across the portfolio with legal requirements, our grant conditions, DfID reporting requirements and best practice in international development.
- Identify and internally champion stories of success and key learning points from your portfolio of grants, working with the Influence and Learning and Strategy teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share learning from your portfolio across Comic Relief’s wider grant and investment portfolio.
- Regularly travel (predominately internationally) to visit and meet with partners, supporting them as equals to deliver social change.
- Be an ambassador for collaborative Cross-functional working both within the Impact and Investment department and across the wider organisation.
Essential Education and Skills
- Track record of managing high performing teams.
- Significant experience of making and/or managing large or complex grants.
- Understanding of best practice and effective grant management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and build excellent relationships.
- A confident, collaborative, cross-functional professional that engages stakeholders to maximise effective outcomes.
- Strong planner with outstanding attention to detail, time management and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills, written and oral.
- A proactive, positive and fun professional with high resilience.
Comic Relief positively welcomes, and seeks to ensure we achieve, diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality. We encourage applications from disabled people and we will guarantee a first stage interview to all disabled applicants who sufficiently demonstrate in their application how they meet the essential criteria for the job as outlined on the person specification of the job description.
Registered charity 326568