Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant, The Arts, Central London, £60,000
A well-respected Arts organisation is currently looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to lead on the delivery phase of a new Capital project. This role will be crucial to ensuring that the capital project is integrated into the finance team and in the financial controls and systems.
- Setting up robust financial systems for the income and expenditure of the delivery phase of the project.
- Close monitoring of the key financial milestones across the project including highlighting any risks identified.
- Managing cashflow for the project and ensuring appropriate levels of borrowing facilities are in place.
- Working with key stakeholders on managing the project budget to budget, scope and time, highlighting issues in a timely and clear manner and helping the team to provide creative solutions.
- Reporting to the Project Board, Trustees and Trustee sub committees as required.
- Reporting to the National Lottery Heritage Fund on the project finance and budget as required.
- Reporting to the Department of Digital, Media, Culture and Sport and preparing business cases for their approval as required.
- Working closely with the project Cost Consultants, Project Manager, Architect and Design Team on the project.
- Managing the capitalisation of project costs and reporting in the financial statements.
- Managing the monthly statement of fund reconciliations.
- Contributing to the year-end process including assisting with the audit work and preparation of the statutory accounts
- Overseeing accounting processes and controls improvements.
- Liaising with external and internal auditors as required.
- Supporting the dissemination of information including ensuring the Finance intranet page is kept up to date with procedures and policies.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts that cover the operating cash flow and capital requirements.
- Overseeing debt collection.
- Managing the loan facility and reporting requirements.
- Providing cover for the Chief Financial Officer where appropriate.
- Maintaining an overview of the financial picture that covers the company operating model and capital project
- Taking the lead on complex financial issues as required.
- Ensuring good communication between financial control and management accounting functions to facilitate good shared understanding of significant financial transactions.
- Promoting sustainable working practices and reducing the environmental impact of the company operations in line with its Sustainability Statement.