Financial Controller, Central London – Arts, up to £50,000
A well-respected Arts organisation is currently looking for a new Financial Controller to oversee the running of the day to day finance function. Leading a team of 4, this candidate will be required to ensure all financial controls and processes are running efficiently, whilst preparing financial/statutory accounts for the organisation. The role reports directly to the CFO and does require strong knowledge of charity/arts/public sector accounting and compliance.
- Supervising the maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Coordinating the year end process including statutory accounts and external audit, including completion of the statutory accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Charity legislation.
- Compliance with tax legislation, specifically gift aid and VAT and keeping up to date with changes to legislation. Liaising with tax consultants and HMRC.
- Liaising closely with relevant income generating departments over contract compliance and debt collection.
- Ensuring that the financial policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and kept up to date.
- Maintaining of asset registers.
- Managing treasury function for the organisation.
- Preparing short and long term cash flow reports.
- Monitoring investments and attend the Investment subcommittee.
- Overseeing the financial systems (including PS Financials and Soprano), ensuring it is effective for the requirements of the finance department and the wider organisation.
- Identifying, planning and implementing improvements to systems.
- Attending and presenting to the Audit and Risk sub-committee, as required
- Providing financial and non-financial information to Trustees, directors, budget holders, project managers and external funders.
- Providing cover for members of the finance department where appropriate.
- Setting work plans, delegate tasks, review performance, provide guidance, line management, coaching and mentoring for four direct reports.
- Responsible to maintaining financial records for the department and compliance with data protection and GDPR.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualification with post qualification experience
- Significant experience of financial control in a charity, public sector or similar.
- Knowledge and up to date understanding of tax, including detailed PAYE, gift aid and VAT.
- Experience of working at a senior level advising managers, directors and trustees.
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.