Skylarks is an independent charity based in Richmond Upon Thames, committed to enabling every child and young person with additional needs to live their best life while supporting everyone whose lives they touch.
About the role
We are seeking new Trustee Treasurer to complement our existing Board & provide strategic direction, independent judgement & new perspectives to the organisation. The overall role of the treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. Noting that the charity does employ the devices of a paid bookkeeper for the daily management of the accounts.
With a commitment to Skylarks mission and values, you will use your experiences to ensure Skylarks continues to thrive as the organisations grows. As part of a Board of highly skilled trustees, you will the help analyse project proposals and examine their financial consequences, enabling the Board to make clear cut decisions. You must have a willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries when required, and have the relevant financial qualifications and experience.
The objective of Skylarks is to help young people thrive. The charities aim is to support children with additional needs due to physical or learning impairment, emotional or behavioural difficulties or any permanent or temporary illness, in the London Borough of Richmond and surrounding areas, and the provision of information, practical advice and support to their families, carers and siblings’ (Articles of Association 2012)
In addition to the specific role of Treasurer, all Trustees/Directors are expected to fulfil general responsibilities:
1. To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law and company law and fulfils its legal and accounting obligations.
2. To ensure that the organisation delivers the charitable aims and objectives of Skylarks as defined in its governing document, in the most effective and efficient manner.
3. To give strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
4. To safeguard the good name of the organisation at all times.
5. To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
6. To represent the charity externally when required.
7. To embody the vision and values of Skylarks when carrying out trustee responsibilities.
How To Apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter by using the Apply section below.
For an informal discussion and further information about this role, please contact Jennifer Peters on 07946 646 033.
For further information on the role, please refer to the Job Description and Personal Specification attached below.
Please feel free to visit our website - https://www.skylarks.charity/