Part-time Head of Finance and Resources
- Contract Type
Job Title: Head of Finance & Resources
Salary: £50K FTE (pro-rata for 28 hours pw)
We are working in partnership with The Almshouse Association, which was created as an umbrella organisation for some 1,650 independent Almshouse charities throughout the UK. Almshouses enable those in need to live with dignity and independence within their local communities and are the oldest form of social housing, providing homes today for over 36,000 residents. The role of The Almshouse Association is to assist member charities with advice and guidance, to act as a bridge between the charities and government and to promote the almshouse movement.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a Head of Finance & Resources who will have oversight and advise on all finances, contracts, HR and IT for the Almshouse Association. You will ensure the resources of the charity are being accounted for and provide good management information to the CEO and the Board.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Charity finance experience
- Preparation of annual budgets and annual accounts, in accordance with SORP
- Presentation of quarterly management accounts; balance sheet and funds movement summary, to Finance and Executive Committees
- Staff salaries and associated PAYE, NIC and pension returns
- HR experience
- Service contract advice
- IT project experience
- Effective cash management and control
- Able to support directors to assess loan and grant applications
- Investment knowledge, to help monitor performance and assist with investment decisions
- Annual Charity Commission/ Companies House returns.
Practical charity finance experience is essential for this role, to provide effective support to the CEO and Board. Finance or accounting qualification is desirable. The role is part time, being 28 hours per week and is mainly based in the Berkshire office, although some meetings off site will take place. Occasional additional time may be necessary to prepare the accounts for trustee meetings and the annual audit.
We encourage interested candidates to apply without delay. Please send your CV and Supporting Statement to Jill Livingstone, Associate Director, Charisma Recruitment, email@example.com, quoting reference number JO1712.
Closing date for applications: 11 November 2019
Interview date: w/c 24 November 2019
Apply for Part-time Head of Finance and Resources
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Senior Management Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Wokingham
- Management Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Wokingham
- Operations & Service Delivery Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Wokingham
- Finance & Legal Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Wokingham
- IT & Web Development Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Wokingham