Head of Volunteer Experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full time Head of Volunteer Experience to join the Volunteer Operations Directorate at SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity.
SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, supports the person behind the uniform; any time they need us, in any way they need us, for as long as they need us. Every year, SSAFA helps more than 73,000 people from the Forces family to get back on their feet; those currently serving, reserves, veterans and their families. Support is there for people at any stage in their military career; from the youngest recruit to the oldest veteran – no one’s service is ever forgotten. We give hope, help and personal support for as long as it takes to get that person’s life back to where they want it to be.
About the role
The Head of Volunteer Experience will lead the Volunteer Experience Team, overseeing the development of volunteering good practice; setting the framework to ensure SSAFA recruit, induct, manage and celebrate volunteers and volunteering across our organisation.
About the team
The Volunteer Experience Team provides good practice volunteering advice and assistance to internal staff, existing volunteers, and prospective applicants.
To carry out this role successfully you will have:
- An unwavering belief in the benefits of volunteering; for our organisation, volunteers, beneficiaries and the communities we operate within.
- A track record of establishing and maintaining an effective programme of volunteer recruitment, induction, management and celebration.
- Experience of setting volunteering quality frameworks and implementation.
- Examples of working in a geographically dispersed Charity, engaging and collaborating with volunteers and colleagues.
- Clear understanding of legislation and regulation relating to volunteering and volunteers.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, demonstrating SSAFA’s values of understanding, fairness, commitment and courage.
SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
Interviews: Tuesday 19 November 2019. The interview will consist of a presentation and formal interview.
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you wish to apply for any of our vacancies you will be asked to answer some screening questions before completing an application form and uploading your CV. Personal data to progress your application for employment is covered under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Article 6 Section 1b and Article 9 2b and c. Your details will not be used for any other purpose or shared with a third party without your permission. Data on unsuccessful candidates will be retained for one year from the vacancy being filled. If you take up employment with us, your information will be held for the duration of your employment plus six full calendar years. Further details are contained in SSAFA’s Privacy Statement on our website.