Chief Executive Officer
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Hours of work: Full Time/Permanent
We are working in partnership with Carers Support Centre (CSC), a charity which provides support, information and advice to unpaid carers living in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire areas. For over 20 years, CSC has been providing innovative and creative support solutions to unpaid adult and young carers and has built up an excellent reputation.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to provide dynamic leadership, direction and innovation to CSC, enabling the achievement of its mission, vision, aims and objectives. The Chief Executive will spearhead new strategic initiatives, in conjunction with the Senior Management Team, to enable CSC to identify and action new opportunities that will drive the organisation forward in an increasingly competitive environment.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Three years’ leadership experience as CEO or at a senior level and proven ability to motivate, develop, delegate and lead a team
- Experience of business management including handling substantial budgets
- Proven track record of managing diverse projects or a diverse organisation
- Demonstrable success of attracting and developing new business opportunities
- Ability to establish good working partnerships with Trustees, staff, volunteers, external agencies and funders
- Proven track record in overseeing successful tenders and fundraising bids
- Possess strong negotiating skills
- Experience of lobbying and influencing policy makers
- Experience of achieving and implementing quality standards
- Understanding and knowledge of the legal duties of charities, and the Employment and Equalities Legislation
The post holder will have excellent communication skills and the ability to use their own initiative, prioritise their workload and work to tight deadlines. You will be a forward thinking, committed and passionate individual with a true belief in the ethos of the charity and the services they offer.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1711.
Closing date for applications: 11 November 2019
First Interview date: 29 November 2019
Second Interview date: 2 December 2019