The communications directorate of a leading London University is looking for a strong Communications Manager to manage a variety of external and internal channels.
The Communications Manager will take responsibility across the following key areas:
- Ensure the team is keeping up to date with responding to media relations and enquiries.
- Develop the PR strategy.
- Identify and create stories to raise the profile of the university across a variety of areas.
- Lead and advise on social media and online activity for the University's website and accounts.
- Respond to crisis communications effectively.
- Working collaboratively across the marketing and research teams to deliver content across channels.
- Line management of two communications officers.
The candidate that secures this position will bring the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in an external communications position- covering media relations/public affairs/journalism.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong team leader with the ability to work independently.
- Develop strong working relationships across internal teams.
- Speech-writing for events.
- Knowledge of the higher education sector.
- Journalism background.
- £44,000-£52,000 paid on a daily rate.
- Immediate start.
- 35 hours per week.