Cardiomyopathy UK is a charity who supports everyone affected by the heart muscle disease cardiomyopathy enabling them lead long and fulfilling lives. They work towards this goal by providing information, advice and support to anyone affected by cardiomyopathy and by raising awareness of the condition. They also work to improve the diagnosis and management of cardiomyopathy and promote medical research.
The charity has ambitious plans for the future which will see it doing even more to make a lasting difference to the lives of people affected by cardiomyopathy. To achieve these plans the charity must be able to raise the income that it needs and to develop a strong and vibrant community of supporters. To help achieve this goal, the charity are looking to recruit a dynamic and ambitious individual with a passion for fundraising to join their team.
The Community Fundraiser will be responsible for managing our community fundraising programme by generating income through volunteer fundraising activities across the UK e.g. individuals, community groups, clubs and societies, schools and colleges and our Support Groups.
The successful candidate will develop positive, supportive relationship with supporters and show sensitivity when speaking to people who are bereaved and will co-ordinate closely with central office staff. The post holder will promote a strategy that recognises participation in fundraising as the beginning or part of a long-term relationship with the charity.
Key areas of responsibility to include:
- To plan, implement and manage an effective community fundraising programme to achieve maximum income and meet agreed targets on time and in line with the organisation’s financial requirements. This includes recruiting and supporting individual and group fundraisers who are organising their own events for the charity, celebratory and in memoriam gifts and encouraging support groups to participate in fundraising activities.
- To ensure that all supporter relationships are well managed and there is a strong focus on supporter care; providing due appreciation and a positive experience to individual and group fundraisers to promote long-term supporter retention
- To work closely with supporters to maximise fundraising and awareness raising opportunities for the charity and identify new opportunities for community fundraising
Person specification to include:
- Experience in a community fundraising/events role is desirable.
- Proven track record in achieving financial targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent approach to providing outstanding customer/supporter service.
- Flexible in approach and a good team worker.