Senior External Communications Manager
This NHS Trust is one of the UK's leading providers of health services, with a world class centre of excellence for research and education.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Developing and motivating your team to work effectively with colleagues and each other across the wider communications team.
- Supporting the strategic objectives of the organisation by developing and understanding the trusts business priorities.
- Reporting to management executives and other key stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure the strategy is fit for purpose.
- Working with senior staff to ensure that staff are informed first about significant announcements and communications.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the trust when needed.
- Ensuring that media courage is monitored and valuated.
- Identifying and providing training for key members of the trust board and clinical staff
- Holding one to done meetings who will be appraised annually, including a mid-year review.
- Managing the external communications budget
- Contributing content to the good reputation of the trust, promoting best practice communications always by all members.
- Traveling to many other trust's locations and other organisations.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong ability to write, edit and produce publications
- Strong event organisational skills
- Knowledge of external communications theory
- Excellent written and communication skills
Ability to travel to Central London
Creative thinker, keen to consider new approaches and visions
Good humoured, respectful and tactical approach to challenges
Flexible approach to travel and working hours
Ability to lead a media function and handle crisis communications
Line management experience
Membership communications experience
Band 8a position
2 direct reports
Role reporting into the Head of Communications
Central London offices